Notices

Help

Old 11-11-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Change4Good, it was really brave of you to get help and come clean to your friend. I'm so glad you're feeling better and are back on your sober path.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So sorry for what you went through Change

I once had 3 yrs. & decided I could have a drink now & then. 7 yrs. later I was brought to my knees, drinking all day, horrible anxiety & all sorts of drama. It was much worse that time than all the others before. I feared for my life - and that's when I found SR. I know I can't risk it ever again. It takes us a while to truly get it. Thankfully you are back and ready to do this thing. We know you can.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're alright.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((Change4good))) So good to have you back. Keep at it and take care of yourself.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Change,

Sounds to me like you need outside help ASAP. I think I know what your talking about, about not wanting to go back into a hospital. For me at least, going back meant I had to admit to myself that I messed up again, and I'm my own worst critic. Than I started thinking, why go back, I've been there before and know everything about the program. I wouldn't learn anything new anyway. All this just made me my worst enemy. Obviously I didn't learn everything I needed to learn. I missed something, or maybe I just wasn't ready.
The last time I went through what your going through, I remember sitting on my couch scared to death of what was going to happen to me, but still determined to tough it out. I thing Devine Intervention stepped in when someone that was concerned about me called and convinced me to to back to a hospital. The doctor at that hospital then referred me to an IOP program.
The reason I'm sharing this Change is that I'm convinced I wouldn't be here today if that did not happen. I was at one on the worst places in my life at that time. I don't want to even think of what might of happened or what I would of done to end the misery.
Please try to be strong, and get the help you know you both need and deserve.
John