Notices

Hockey Night in Canada

Old 11-09-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Hockey Night in Canada

I'm just about to head out to play hockey, as I do every Sunday night through the season. This year, as with tonight, I am sober.

If you can believe it, I have played most games, for the better part of 3 years, drunk. And I mean drunk...like after a couple bottles of wine or a 26er of vodka.

It seems ludicrous to me now...even a bit dangerous, and I can't imagine playing even remotely up to my capabilities. I didn't ever think it was a big deal at the time. But now...Like so many other things in life I suppose.

Anyways, I just wanted to share how a new chapter in my life now goes. The drink is a crazy thing...
Old 11-09-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

gee Davey, be careful out there. Stick on the ice and head up! Playing sober now is fantastic. Keep it up.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You Should score about 100 goals tonight, hell you may come home with the Stanley Cup. Just don't drink out of it!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just a Sober ******* Now

Congrats! Playing old drunk sports sober is interesting... If you're like me, after the initial adjustment, you'll be much better!

Snow skiing, water skiing, wakeboarding, shooting, darts, etc... All things that used to be time-passers while I drank into oblivion, are all things I truly love doing now and I'm actually decent at all of them!
Old 11-09-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Adult hockey leagues are huge now here in the states. After I get some more time under my belt I may join one. Played hockey my entire childhood.

By the way, Thank you Canada for giving us all the good NHL players.