Notices

Another day....

Old 11-09-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another day....

I went to my AA meeting today and it was actually an NA meeting so I came home and flushed my smoke. My wife said, "why, you will just buy more". Whey the heck can't she support me more? I can take or leave my smoke with no cravings like I have while trying not to drink. I am trying to hold my marriage together and going to a counselor and have only been once but she is already telling me she hates the counselor. I want to discuss our sex life, or lack of, and she says she will not discuss it because sex is not satisfying to her. I admit I don't last too long but I try my best to please her in other ways. She says she needs to be drunk to want sex. What do I do? Anyone? 7 days sober today. It was my sons birthday (he is 12) on Friday and I was proud to be sober for that.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober weeks. I hope you and your wife can work things out.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just a Sober ******* Now

Congrats on the first week!

The first stage of recovery is admitting the problem, getting to know it a bit better, and then getting yourself in a better frame of mind to be able to address all the other issues.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gratz on being sober. Hopefully she'll support you more later
Old 11-09-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know, but maybe you should focus your energy more on healing yourself and gaining your sobriety before tackling problems that have been festering for some time. Don't be afraid to be selfish. It is time for you to take care of yourself.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey, retiredusaf. First of all congratulations on seven days and for making it through your son's birthday sober! Your situation sounds extremely challenging; I can't even imagine.

The only thing in which I am confident is that every individual and relationship is unique. I am hopeful that purely open communication about your experiences and feelings contributes to a healthy discussion and subsequent result.

I truly wish you the best, my friend.