Notices

A day in the life of drunk Charlie

Old 11-10-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Fellow traveler

Originally Posted by Charlie117926 View Post
I have had several days sober. Been feeling great. I woke up yesterday, doing chores at 6 am. Grocery shopping done by 8:00 am.

Scheduled to help a friend to move some furniture at 10:30. We get finished loading up and he offers to buy me lunch. So I have a few beers at lunch. Go back to his place to unload. Many more there.

Pick up some more on the way home. Start on a kids project (so proud of myself) all the while I am still tilting them back. It's about 9 pm. Go out and pick up a 22 oz. then sleep.

Wake up this morning, bloated, red eyes. Trying to shower off the stench. Loading up on soap, mouthwash, cologne. Getting ready for church. Oh yeah, on top of being a drunk, I am also a hypocrite.

Yesterday seemed like it was going to be the perfect day till I chose to have that first drink. Please don't drink today. It's not worth it.
What else are you doing besides not drinking? If it was that easy, I would have to find a real job and sites like this wouldn't exist.

If you can't stop drinking and stay stopped, you may have the medical condition known as Alcohol Use Disorder, Severe (It's easier to just say alcoholism ) and if that's the case you are no more a hypocrite than the guy who goes to church after a gout flare-up.

Welcome back.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Keep going Charlie that is all that matters!
Old 11-10-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Charlie117926 View Post
I have had several days sober. Been feeling great. I woke up yesterday, doing chores at 6 am. Grocery shopping done by 8:00 am.

Scheduled to help a friend to move some furniture at 10:30. We get finished loading up and he offers to buy me lunch. So I have a few beers at lunch. Go back to his place to unload. Many more there.

Pick up some more on the way home. Start on a kids project (so proud of myself) all the while I am still tilting them back. It's about 9 pm. Go out and pick up a 22 oz. then sleep.

Wake up this morning, bloated, red eyes. Trying to shower off the stench. Loading up on soap, mouthwash, cologne. Getting ready for church. Oh yeah, on top of being a drunk, I am also a hypocrite.

Yesterday seemed like it was going to be the perfect day till I chose to have that first drink. Please don't drink today. It's not worth it.
I love this post because it so much seems how things go a lot of the time. Things are great and it's hard to understand why we needed to drink?! I don't have answers but liked this post because it's honest and close to my heart. Thanks for sharing. x
Old 11-10-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hope you're feeling a bit better today Charlie. Thinking of you.