Notices

Really need to quit, but... was this a seizure?

Old 11-08-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lighteningbug View Post
Benny I hope you realize the seriousness of this. I know you have probably logged off, but i really hope you seek help. Don't try to taper yourself.

Bug
Sadly, I'm "only" 3 six-packs down, so I'm still here. A sign of a problem is that I can communicate clearly still. Though I don't know how much I'll remember tomorrow. And I know that very soon I'll be blacking out. So after posting this I'll be logging off.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
Histrionics and self-flagelating won't typically fly or get much sympathy here. We're addicts, it's what we do and we recognise it in others without mercy. Throw a hissy fit on your pity pot and you'll soon be forgotten.

Respondents tend to legitimately care about how you're doing, we've all pretty much been where you're at. Be real and be here and you'll have loads of support. I hope you have the huevos to be honest and keep posting. I hope you do, because that will signify strength.
That's a bit insensitive and misinterpreted regarding my case. You don't make me feel very welcome.

Anyway, as I said in my previous reply, time to log off.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Benny - Sorry you aren't finding what you want to here, but what you are hearing is the advice of people who have been in your shoes. You're dealing with a disease of alcoholism and it can kill you.

If you find out you can't do this on your own, we are always here. This is your life you're talking about, and you only get one.

I wish you the best, but like I said - we're always here if your way doesn't work.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-08-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 000benny000 View Post
That's a bit insensitive and misinterpreted regarding my case. You don't make me feel very welcome.

Anyway, as I said in my previous reply, time to log off.
I'm sorry that you feel that way. My response came from some hard-fought personal experience. Nobody is on here just to make you feel personslly welcome and comfy and extra-special. We're all battling and sharing our **** here. Deal with it, or don't. We are here for each other, including you, though.

You are among friends and peers and people who get it; just don't expect kid-glove treatment because you are speshul. Because you are not. None of us are.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nobody is on here just to make you feel personally welcome
erm...with all due respect Stevie, that's exactly what I and many others are here for.

Having said that, I think we'll leave it there Benny.

If you manage your taper down and decide to quit for good you'll find support to stay sober here

Thread Closed.

Dee
SR
Old 11-08-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with you Dee, that is why we're here.

Sometimes we can give and sometimes we can't, and sometimes we just need someone to care about what we're going through. This is why we're here.

Bennie, I hope you check in tomorrow.