I won't be one month sober...

Old 11-08-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Well done Snow.

Good to see you kept in touch with SR.

United we stand
Old 11-08-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Snowbunting I'm eating chips (crisps) as I type this I love the idea of doing a "chip" reward at 30 days, hmmmmmm I'm going to have to think about a thirty "chip reward". Best to you.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by snowbunting View Post
But I'm doing fine? I'm 30 days sober and keeping going?

Sorry, sometimes it seems that sometimes people just want to push AA and nothing else, regardless. I'm really happy that AA has worked well you, but I am finding things that work for me too, and what I like about SR is that we each give each other the freedom to find what works for us without judgment.
At the end of the day it is about what works for you. If you maintain your sobriety then you were right
Old 11-08-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Oops double posted
Old 11-09-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning all It felt good to wake up naturally at around 7am, feed the cats, dive back under the covers for a bit of a lie in, and have a hearty breakfast. If I drank yesterday, this morning would be a very different story, and I'd be starting a very different sort of thread (or more likely not starting one at all, but letting myself continue to drink for who knows how long).

I'm planning out a nice relaxed boring (in a good way) day for myself today. It goes something like this:

1. Bake granola, hoover the hall and stairs.
2. Go out for a nice country walk.
3. Have lunch, check SR, read / write.
4. Bake banana bread.
5. Take a luxurious Lush bath listening my recovery playlist, 'The Comforter'
6. Watch some netflix and check SR.
7. Cook and eat a lovely healthy dinner
8. Read / write / relax
9. Maybe some yoga
10. Off to bed, officially one month sober

I'll be checking in at various times throughout the day. Love to you all
Old 11-09-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go snowbunting

D
Old 11-09-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Way to go Snow! You made a plan to get through a rough patch and you are doing it!
Old 11-09-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

It's nearly 4pm and I've only done the first three things on my list I took ages over the housework (perfectionist), had a longer walk than intended because the weather is so crisp and beautiful, and had a very leisurely lunch.

Looks like I'm going to run out of time again today - hooray for busy days. The only reason I had 'time' to drink was because I did absolutely nothing else. I'm watching an episode of Intervention now while the granola is baking. After yesterday's success, I haven't been thinking about drinking today; but complacency is the enemy of medium-term sobriety, so it's definitely good to remind myself of what the reality of drinking is for me.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

The only reason I had 'time' to drink was because I did absolutely nothing else.

Me too.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

It's after ten o'clock. The shops cannot sell alcohol after ten o'clock. When I wake up tomorrow morning I will be One Month Sober!

Thank you so much everyone, you are all amazing and your encouragement means the world to me. We're helping to save each other's lives and souls here - I hope I can do the same for all of you if /when the need arises

Old 11-09-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on one month sober!
Old 11-09-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Super job snowbunting! I hope it is really nice when your hubby gets back tomorrow. It's nice to see this thread by you. I'm nearly 22 months sober now and so it *is* possible
Old 11-09-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Snowbunting, your victory this weekend has made my day! I am SO happy for you. I hope the rest of your week is great!
Old 11-09-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

What kind of one month chip do you 'reward' yourself with? I'm curious, I don't do AA either and thought I might sew something that I embroider a 1 month or 30 day reference on (a bag, belt, pillow; h#!! I don't know).

Congrats on the one month, you inspire me.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

You guys are the best, thanks so much. I'm happy that you're happy that I'm happy. It feels like I've come a long way in a short time.

Jipsee, it's not very original but I award myself the AA chips I buy them individually online - I carry the 24 hour one in my pocket at all times (I have a slightly heavier, gold-coloured one as it feels more substantial somehow), and as of tomorrow I'll be carrying the red 1 month chip too.

I think embroidering something is a lovely idea! It's the perfect way to mark your sobriety - a creative tribute to your commitment and courage
Old 11-09-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

No reason to reinvent the wheel (buy them online). I will embroider something, I have this fancy machine that hasn't had much use due to my errrr uhhm 'doing nothing'.

You are a kind soul. Sleep well.