Notices

For those wondering, I did call for help..

Old 11-07-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For those wondering, I did call for help..

It just took me longer than expected. Unfortunately, I also called my insurance company. That was a downer to say the least. No coverage.. everything out-of-pocket. I have a new plan as of the new year. Supposedly it covers 80% behavioral therapy. I hope I can last that long. I don't know how much longer I can take this.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I want to be done with this. For the first time in my life, I admitted to someone else that I need help. They (substance abuse professionals) said welcome. My insurance basically said f*** you. I don't even know if my new insurance is accepted at the only clinic in town.

FML!
Old 11-07-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Machinist. Good for you for reaching out for help--that's a huge step. Maybe someone on here will have some good advice to deal with the insurance roadblock.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear from you machinsit

Have you thought about utilising the free help around - AA or other recovery groups?

D
Old 11-08-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Machinist. There is a way, somehow.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Machinist, I know how you feel. My insurance will pay for anytthing but rehab-I was on the phone with them begging! I got sober on my own. Until your new plan kicks on, i would consider Dee's advice on free services. And we are here to support you.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Asking for help is a huge step of progress. I hope you can follow up on that in some way between now and the new year, Machinist.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Machinist, I hope that you can find some way to get therapy. In the meantime, we are here for you.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am very glad you are looking into opportunities to get help, Machinist.
The new year is 'round the corner In the meantime, I second Dee and suggest that you reach out for some free support, keep posting here, go to meetings, any regular sober activity where you can connect with others and alcohol is not involved. I am not sure where you are located, but where I am, a few institutions and universities also offer therapy by people in training, on a sliding scale that is adjusted to your personal financial situation and needs. I started out my therapy at one of these places early this year and I had a very good impression on them. I changed because I "fell in love" with one particular therapist and his approach so now I'm doing it in private, but I had a very good impression on that training program I explored initially, with cheaper options. I also know another similar program at a university where I teach a little, and one of my young colleagues goes there for psychoanalysis (that's 3x a week, she could never afford in other ways).

Are you in the US? There are also rehab options available through the Salvation Army, for example:
The Salvation Army - Adult Rehabilitation

Please don't think that inpatient is "not for you" or you "don't need it yet". I am a quite vain individual, but would pack myself and go to rehab on a whim had I relapsed at this point... It's only a form of help that's available to us to get better.

Hang in there, and please explore any option to kick off your recovery!