Notices

Its been a rubbish 7 weeks since i last posted

Old 11-06-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Great decision, Bradley; proud of you.

Keep SR close; keep posting.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Bradley, last December 16th something bad happened to me. I was removed from my place of employment and eventually told to never come back. December 24 was xmas eve with family. They were all drinking - a lot. I was not planning to quit drinking. But I didn't drink that night. I made the decision the week prior on the spot. Sometimes it takes a life changing event for some of us to wise up. Some are lucky and able to recognize something must change before it's too late. Be one of those.

the only reason my sobriety date is December 28 is because EAP told to me drink before I checked into rehab so insurance would cover it. Brilliant! Otherwise I'd have an extra week.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
This whole AV thing is doing my nut in as well. I thought i had it understood but it seems i dont. The real test for me will be on the 5th next month as ive never gone out with people and not drunk. I have to get a 1 hour train and i have thoughts like '' i need a couple for the journey'' , its very strange and frustrating thinking this way.
From the Rational Recovery crash course on AVRT

6. Your Addictive Voice (AV) is any thinking that supports or suggests the possible future use of alcohol or other drugs.
You always speak of how isolated you feel and going to a face to face support group such as AA or SMART would be a great way for you to make some new supportive sober friends...just saying.
PS: we are your friends of course but there are things you are missing online such as the eyes popping out of my head when your AV wrote: I will make the most of it LOL
It is good that you are reaching out here but reach out on real time too.

Last edited by Dee74; 11-06-2014 at 02:38 PM.