Notices

Horizontal lines on fingertips?

Old 11-04-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Horizontal lines on fingertips?

Hey everyone, I've been trying for two years to stop drinking, I'm on about 3 bottles of wine a day, 30 yr old female.

I have an appointment with my doc on Monday, but have noticed these white horizontal lines across all my fingernails and from googling its seems they are an early sign of liver disease?

Does anyone else have/has anyone had this? Very worried... x
Old 11-04-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

whatever you do, don't believe what you read on google. unless of course it says I'm a swell guy...
Old 11-04-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

haha, I'm sure it does!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Charlie to be honest that why you shouldnt dr google wait untill a doctor sees you i hope your apt goes well i can imagine your worried but youl find someone who has proberly had this on sr shortly

have u stopped drinking that will help but spk with a doctor first as it is the best option
Old 11-04-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OK, I will - Google comes up with some scary things, but hopefully the doc can do something to help, I'm having a tough time quitting alone, I'm occasionally managing 4 days at a go sober but then slip back at weekends, which then leads to weekdays, etc. Thanks for the advice guys
Old 11-04-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There is a rule about givning medical advice and speculation.

However, at age 30 drinking 3 bottles of wine a day is a health hazard and your body may be missing a lot of nutrients along with oils needed to maintain healthy hair, skin and nails. BE HONEST with your doctor so they can HELP you and order the proper liver function tests and perhaps a scan if they feel it is warranted.

in the meantime, try to drink enough fluids (at least 40 ounces of water daily) and eat real food. Your liver is an amazing organ and filters everything, it's been working overtime if you drink that much.

take a picture of yourself on Day 1 and weekly, you'll be amazed at the changes in your face.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks, I will - I've not been totally honest with docs yet, even just saying I drink 2 bottles when it's 3, or saying I don't drink during the week... I know you all know how hard it is to quit, I never realised how really, really hard it is!! Takes real strength.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

CharlieChar,
I don't know about your medical condition, but I know about my issues with 'Alcoholism'. I am 60 years old, I drank for 40+ years. My Blood Pressure hit 200+ and I was rushed to the ER. That started a long road...a 6 week treatment center...then repeated bouts of quitting, drinking, quitting, etc. as many of the AA people say, I picked up enough White Chips to tile a bathroom. However, through sticking with the AA program, and completely surrendering to REALLY working the Steps, my Life was completely transformed, and you can be too. I will have 1 year completely SOBER in 3 weeks, and the FREEDOM I experience now is like NOTHING I could have imagined.

I want to encourage YOU, it is there for you too, and I know you can have it, just like it happened for me.

RDBplus3...sharing what has happened for me is my way of repaying those who so freely shared what set them FREE
Old 11-04-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dr Google is always a bad idea, go to your Dr appt and wait for some proper medical advice!!