Notices

Mrrryah's daily check in. 3 things/questions.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great job Mrrryah, I look forward to reading your updates.. keep them comin'
Old 11-06-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post
That's awesome newhope!! Did you meet some new people? Get some phone numbers?? I'd love to hear about your experience!
I just wrote a post in the newcomer's forum describing my experiences. I did get some numbers and for the first time gave someone my number. I was super shocked to see how many women were there. I sat a table of oldtimers and one of them explained to me jokingly that it was an open women's meeting for men.

Only problem was I knew the person who was chairing the meeting and again remembered how AA isn't really anonymous.. Other than that, absolutely no complaints.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Five things I am grateful for:
1. AA because it is a safe place for those who suffer from addiction one way or another.
2. My debt has been decreased by half and may be ready to purchase a new home soon.
3. Coffee. Nuf said.
4. Music as it helps lift me out of a bad mood.
5. Access to the internet as it has helped me connect to others all over the world and has been a great tool for research.

My hope:
That those who suffer from addiction or who are otherwise lost find their way to recovery. May someone lend them a helping hand instead of passing judgement.

How I am supporting my recovery for the next 24 hours:
Posting here on SR about my experiences and reading other threads. One of the oldtimers asked me if I knew what meeting I was going to today and I said I wasn't sure yet. I said this mainly because I don't plan on attending a meeting as I will be working late tonight.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
I just wrote a post in the newcomer's forum describing my experiences. I did get some numbers and for the first time gave someone my number. I was super shocked to see how many women were there. I sat a table of oldtimers and one of them explained to me jokingly that it was an open women's meeting for men.

Only problem was I knew the person who was chairing the meeting and again remembered how AA isn't really anonymous.. Other than that, absolutely no complaints.
OMG - you are SOOO lucky. The first meeting I went to was all men except for me!! I would have never gone back, except one of the oldtimer dudes bought me a big book, and as soon as I started reading it, I knew I belonged there. Friggin book was practically the story of my existance.

That's crazy that you knew the chair person!!! You must be from a small town or somethign!??!

Love your gratitude list & "prayer" etc. for today!!! Keep it goin! Whohoo!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

well Mrrrrrrrrrrryah, yesterday I thought, She said 3 things but it's really seven - is this some sort of conspiracy?
But I'm over it now. Glad you are working on yourself and sharing all the positives and hopes. Great work.

Thing one (5 things) - I'm grateful for an incredibly loving wife, I still have a home that's in pretty good shape, I have a newer car that's paid for, I enjoy being able to breathe the outside air and enjoy it, and that I can probably think of a thousand more things I'm grateful for now that I don't drink.

Thing two - I wish that all the struggling addicts (alcoholics) would come to realize that it really is better without putting that poison into their bodies. And that acknowledgement and commitment are all it takes to stop.

Thing three - Besides my logging on to SR, I have put my thoughts toward the positives and what I can do as I continue to stay clean and sober. Living in the past is not good for me.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
well Mrrrrrrrrrrryah, yesterday I thought, She said 3 things but it's really seven - is this some sort of conspiracy?
But I'm over it now. Glad you are working on yourself and sharing all the positives and hopes. Great work.

Thing one (5 things) - I'm grateful for an incredibly loving wife, I still have a home that's in pretty good shape, I have a newer car that's paid for, I enjoy being able to breathe the outside air and enjoy it, and that I can probably think of a thousand more things I'm grateful for now that I don't drink.

Thing two - I wish that all the struggling addicts (alcoholics) would come to realize that it really is better without putting that poison into their bodies. And that acknowledgement and commitment are all it takes to stop.

Thing three - Besides my logging on to SR, I have put my thoughts toward the positives and what I can do as I continue to stay clean and sober. Living in the past is not good for me.
LOL - conspiracy it is!!!!!!!!!!! Muahahahahaahh.

Awesome 7 things LBrain!!!!!!! :P

Old 11-06-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

OMG - you are SOOO lucky. The first meeting I went to was all men except for me!! I would have never gone back, except one of the oldtimer dudes bought me a big book, and as soon as I started reading it, I knew I belonged there. Friggin book was practically the story of my existance.

That's crazy that you knew the chair person!!! You must be from a small town or somethign!??!

Love your gratitude list & "prayer" etc. for today!!! Keep it goin! Whohoo!
Funny thing is, I really am not from a small town. In fact the meeting was held in a seperate town from which I live. My luck, huh?

I would hunt for an all women's group, I found them much more helpful.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

1) 5 things you are seriously and genuinely grateful for in your life today.
- Grateful that I am sober today, I almost relapsed last night but didn't.
- Grateful that for the first time since I relapsed, when I said a prayer and asked for forgiveness this morning I actually felt some semblance of a connection to a HP.
- Grateful that my fiance's mom took me in so I had a safe place to sleep last night.
- Grateful for my sponsor, who talked to me last night & gave me some good suggestions.
- Grateful for my boss. He's so slack & easy going!

2) A prayer - to whatever is out there - or whatever you believe in.
Step 3 prayer... God, I offer myself to thee. Please build with me and do with me as you will. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better to thy will. Take away my difficulties, that others may bear witness to those I would help, of thy power, thy love, and thy way of life. May I do thy will always.

3) What are you going to do for your recovery this day - this next 24 hours.
Post on SR, go to a meeting this evening!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

1) 5 things you are seriously and genuinely grateful for in your life today.
- Grateful that I am sober today, I almost relapsed last night but didn't.
- Grateful that for the first time since I relapsed, when I said a prayer and asked for forgiveness this morning I actually felt some semblance of a connection to a HP.
- Grateful that my fiance's mom took me in so I had a safe place to sleep last night.
- Grateful for my sponsor, who talked to me last night & gave me some good suggestions.
- Grateful for my boss. He's so slack & easy going!

2) A prayer - to whatever is out there - or whatever you believe in.
Step 3 prayer... God, I offer myself to thee. Please build with me and do with me as you will. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better to thy will. Take away my difficulties, that others may bear witness to those I would help, of thy power, thy love, and thy way of life. May I do thy will always.

3) What are you going to do for your recovery this day - this next 24 hours.
Post on SR, go to a meeting this evening!
If I could love this post over and over again I would! Glad you are still with us and still posting.

5 things I am grateful for:
1. I live in a country where I have running water and electricity.
2. I have access to affordable health care.
3. I have enough disposable income that I can buy groceries after I am done exercising at the gym (wow I am spoiled!).
4. I work with one of the coolest supervisors today.
5. Waking up sober today.. There was a time when I was drinking everyday and I would wake up in shame every morning.

My Prayer/hope:

I hope today that I can positively impact just one other person's life today.

How will I support my Recovery in the next 24 hours:

Plan to go to the gym, go to work all night, read/post to SR and then go straight home and go straight to sleep.

I may check to see if there is a meeting late tonight.. not sure how late they go.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
If I could love this post over and over again I would! Glad you are still with us and still posting.

5 things I am grateful for:
1. I live in a country where I have running water and electricity.
2. I have access to affordable health care.
3. I have enough disposable income that I can buy groceries after I am done exercising at the gym (wow I am spoiled!).
4. I work with one of the coolest supervisors today.
5. Waking up sober today.. There was a time when I was drinking everyday and I would wake up in shame every morning.

My Prayer/hope:

I hope today that I can positively impact just one other person's life today.

How will I support my Recovery in the next 24 hours:

Plan to go to the gym, go to work all night, read/post to SR and then go straight home and go straight to sleep.

I may check to see if there is a meeting late tonight.. not sure how late they go.
Well I love seeing your posts on this thread!!! Makes me smile every time

In my city, AA meetings go really late on Friday/Saturday nights, since that's when alot of people did their drinking and struggle the most. There's even a midnight one (which I've never hit before - that's way past my sober bed time:P)

I'm a huge gym lover too!!! I guess I could have put that I'm doing that after work today as part of my recovery also
Old 11-07-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm a huge gym lover too!!! I guess I could have put that I'm doing that after work today as part of my recovery also
Exercising is a must for me, without it I would go bonkers. I think focusing on my health helps and exercise helps rid some of that anxiety and stress.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh man. I'm so sick right now.

1) gravol, peptobismal, Tylenol, bed, sober

2) god thanks for this sober day.

3) this. Is all I can manage.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better tomorrow Mrrryah

D
Old 11-08-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Today's 3

Home group in 4 hours time. One of the guys has been sober since 1971 & I was born in 1972. I call him "Yoda "
If I get with in 5 feet of him, serenity just radiates out of him. So looking forward to seeing Yoda

Thankful for my stereo system... About the only thing I've managed to not wreck or dispose of whilst drunk. I think it's a kick ass system, but it is just entry level.

Thankful for my sponsor... Saved my ass from a drink last Friday night. He knows he's got a live one on the line, trying to get me sober.... And he seems to like doing it.
I ring and unload on him and before he hangs up he says "thanks for ringing ".... God bless that man

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 7 check in!!! Whoh
Old 11-09-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Grrr. As I was saying. Day 7 yay one week. Check in:

1) I'm feeling healthy again!
I get to go furniture shopping today.
I am sober today.
My fiancé is coming home today.
We are having a family dinner tonight

2) God thank you for this sober day! Please help me to continue on this path of recovery, and give me the willingness to do whatever it takes. Your will, not mine!

3) Posting on SR! Get prepared for work tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

This is great!!
Old 11-09-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh and a meeting tonight
Old 11-09-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I tend to dwell on the 3 things I hate most about my life rather than the 3 grateful things. It could be low mood/lack of sleep. 10 months sober and facing all the damage booze did over the previous decade.

I really can't think of 3 things I am grateful for because I am not happy at all. I have had great difficulty the last 3 years with finding meaningful employment because a DUI and bankruptcy on my record resulted in 3 job offers being rescinded.

I think hopelessness is what is getting at me. Such huge hole to dig out of after years of alcohol abuse.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I tend to dwell on the 3 things I hate most about my life rather than the 3 grateful things. It could be low mood/lack of sleep. 10 months sober and facing all the damage booze did over the previous decade.

I really can't think of 3 things I am grateful for because I am not happy at all. I have had great difficulty the last 3 years with finding meaningful employment because a DUI and bankruptcy on my record resulted in 3 job offers being rescinded.

I think hopelessness is what is getting at me. Such huge hole to dig out of after years of alcohol abuse.
I totally relate to this. That's partly why I'm doing this post.

<3