Notices

Another day 1. :(

Old 11-04-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sad to read but glad to read yer gettin back to meetings.
Got the BB? If so, open up to page 14, go to bottom paragraph 3 sentence.
Then pg 76 third paragraph first sentence.
Then page 88 Last paragraph Third sentence.

Glad to see yer gonna hit. A meeting every day and post here. But I sure hope ya add a sponsor and get yer arse into working the steps.

Oh...one more part to read from the BB: pg 152 second and third paragraph. All of em.

Prayin for ya!
Old 11-04-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mrrryah, you have really been on my mind since reading your post yesterday.

You have had some great suggestions here already. Rehab would be my first choice for you if there is any way that you can do it.

My mind keeps going back to you opening the refrigerator, finding those cans of beer, and immediately starting to slam them back. My guess is that your AV must have been screaming then and for some time prior. Have you looked into AVRT?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ined-long.html

I am really worried for you. I hope that, somehow, you can manage rehab.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've been there way to many times, and I don't want to start a bashing AA, but I finally sobered up when I left AA and what for me was a negative, depressing experience. Since then, I use mainly online resources and so far, so good. Good
Uck, I said a prayer for you this morning.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gvrecovery View Post
I've been there way to many times, and I don't want to start a bashing AA, but I finally sobered up when I left AA and what for me was a negative, depressing experience. Since then, I use mainly online resources and so far, so good. Good
Uck, I said a prayer for you this morning.

Yeah, AA didn't work for me either but luckily there are other great methods which did work. To each their own - if one way doesn't work, try another!
Old 11-04-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I really love AA though.

I've seen major improvements in my self esteem, personality change, actually started to "love myself" again when I have had good periods of sobriety through AA. I've met some amazing people that I really care about and that care about me.

I've seen it start to work. But I've never completed a full set of steps 1-12 without relapsing. That "desperation" feeling always leaves me and I start to think "it wasn't really that bad...." or "Here's how I will control it this time!!". No matter how sincere, honest, determined I am when I "come back" and start doing the work again, all of those things seem to leave me along the way.

Giving up on AA scares me, when so far, it's been the only thing that's worked (not in terms of staying sober forever, but in terms of feeling better about myself, my life, and starting to make some of those wrongs in my life right again."

But maybe I'm just beating a dead horse. Maybe AA isn't ever going to work for me. That scares me equally.

Day two anyways.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post
I really love AA though.

I've seen major improvements in my self esteem, personality change, actually started to "love myself" again when I have had good periods of sobriety through AA. I've met some amazing people that I really care about and that care about me.

I've seen it start to work. But I've never completed a full set of steps 1-12 without relapsing. That "desperation" feeling always leaves me and I start to think "it wasn't really that bad...." or "Here's how I will control it this time!!". No matter how sincere, honest, determined I am when I "come back" and start doing the work again, all of those things seem to leave me along the way.

Giving up on AA scares me, when so far, it's been the only thing that's worked (not in terms of staying sober forever, but in terms of feeling better about myself, my life, and starting to make some of those wrongs in my life right again."

But maybe I'm just beating a dead horse. Maybe AA isn't ever going to work for me. That scares me equally.

Day two anyways.
I absolutely do not think that you should give up on AA; I hope you stick resolutely with that. And I really like your every day AA plan.

I am just worried that you may need more; I feel that you at a dangerous point.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

If you love AA, and you feel that it helps you, by all means you should go for it. Try to go to a meeting every single day if you feel that helps. The end result is the most important (becoming and staying sober), the way you get there really doesn't matter. You can do this!
Old 11-04-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

One of the best things I learned in AA was letting go.

You said, "This is how I will control it."

Actually, letting go of control is the answer here. Accepting life on life's terms. Seeking God. Accepting once and for all that addiction is not controlled. It is about surrender, M.

The war is over. I lost. White flag. I don't engage anymore.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hello Mrrrya,
About being honest, where are you in your Step work? The Steps only work 100% of the time...when they are actually worked with 100% commitment, and when working them is placed 100% above the clamoring of SELF. I know it can happen for YOU.

I would be happy to share with anyone how the Steps transformed my life into FREEDOM

RDBplus3
Old 11-04-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Change your plan, more meetings may be a way forward, something different to produce different results!!

You can do this!!