Notices

im back helllllllpppppp

Old 11-02-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im back helllllllpppppp

So I've been sober up until last week... like an idiot i thought i could have just one..... instead i got wasted....... then a few days after i got wasted again.... then last night u guessed it wasted again. I've been feeling so great sober an lost a ton of weight not i will probably gain it all back... help what should i do?????? ... i poured out the cup i had left an tossed the pack of cigarettes i smoked... yes I've started back smoking to. I need help
Old 11-02-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you're back! That's the best possible start.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!

Yeah, I really needed to accept that control over alcohol and things will be different this time were myths and fairytales, no period of abstinence will make anything any different, I'm not cured or healed, that 1st drink will lead back to the same place!!

Make the decision to be a "non drinker" and go from there, this change of perspective made me view life in a different way, it takes alcohol off the table completely, there are no 1st drinks anymore!!

You can do this!!
Old 11-02-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey tonib,

Sorry to hear about your step backwards. You can learn from it and continue forward again. People like us can not 'just have one.' We're different; we're alcoholics.

There's no reason that this misstep should deter you from your goals. Just know to steer clear of the booze- 100% of the time. Sadly, it's just the price people like us have to pay.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I couldn't stop drinking until I accepted that I could not drink normally. Once I took the option of drinking off the table, staying sober was a lot easier.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome back

Just keep trying eventually youl get there Tonib

try this http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Old 11-02-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back, tonib. I tried to moderate more times than I can remember; each attempt was a total failure.

For me, acceptance that abstinence was my only viable option was key to my recovery.

Glad you came back to SR. You can do this, tonib.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys... i just know i need to stop right now before i totally get back to daily drinkingan therefore i should not drink at all.. it all happened so quick though... it was one night to a few days after that an then last night..... i had to go to work feeling crappy..... it suck to have that feeling i use to have going to work hung over...... i never want to feel that again...
Old 11-02-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

tonib-
Welcome back!! Good for you coming here and recommitting. You never have to feel crappy again because of drinking- you stayed sober that whole time and you can do it again. I know you can! Glad to see you here.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The sooner you get back on track the better. I know shat it's like to think a few won't hurt. I ended up back at square one.

Rooting for you, you got this!
Old 11-02-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Tonib. I'm actually going through the same thing right now. For me, I just got to that point where I convinced myself it was something I could control... I thought I could stop after 1 or 2 drinks, and that I was being selfish not stopping before. Well 4 weeks later and I'm back to day 2, but we are stronger than before because we now know without a doubt that alcohol is just not an option for us. I read a quote from Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking that I'd like to share with you: “Make it a rule of life that you don’t smoke tobacco. No exceptions. Ever. Period. This is not a game. There are some things in life that you don’t mess around with, and this is one of them.” I've lived with that in the back of my mind since I quit smoking 3 months ago and I'm making that my mentality when it comes to drinking, too.

Excerpt From: Carr, Allen. “Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking.” US Edition. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was startled by the speed whenever I went back to drinking too.

It all starts with a day one tonib. Have no alcohol in your house. don't buy anymore. Use whatever support you have here and elsewhere.

See a Dr if you think you need to

D
Old 11-02-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 11-02-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Toni, I am glad that you are back and working on your recovery.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

stop drinking.

hit a meeting.

reset.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

welcome. Day 2 here, and feeling pretty optimistic about having found all of these good people here. See you here again tomorrow.