Notices

Hope You Guys Are Right

Old 11-02-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Been feeling negative myself. Must be growing pains or acclimation. Forward was uphill for me today. Sober sleep will fix that.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm on day 79, & am in a low spot too. I send loving support your way.

My solution this weekend was to just stop trying so hard & just let myself feel uncomfortable & sad. I've been working so hard at recovery - many meetings, reading, focus on healthy. This weekend I just stopped, cried, watched movies, hung out with sober friends, ate chocolate (yeah, let the no sugar thing go - that's the least of my worries). I just took a long hot bath & now I'm in bed in my sweatpants, reading SR on my phone.

Whatever it takes. I'm not drinking. I don't drink. You don't drink. We don't drink.

We're doing great. I think there's this push of desperation and exaltation in the first couple months, then that energy gets used up and there's this sort of stuck place, and after we move through this, something new happens. The pace changed & I feel a loss of steam. I think all we can do is move through.

I keep imagining this as an epic journey (cause it is). This is a sort of shadowy, sticky place. Thick air, wet, dense. I feel like we'll turn a corner & the air will freshen & will smell like the sea, & we'll forget all about this leg of the journey...
Old 11-02-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Luper View Post

Guess I'm just overwhelmed with anxiety, toxic people that won't go away, looking for a job, and problems with the house and animals.........
Look at you living life my friend. I've been up to my eyeballs in anxiety...feeling so raw that well...anybody who even breathes funny near me better watch out.

But this is what we get ourselves through to get to the other side....

Let's do this....
Old 11-02-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 11-03-2014, 12:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much! It really helps me to know that others feel the same things sometimes. Yesterday was the worst day by far this time. But I have never made it past 60 days before. I did not give in. I fought, I cried, but I did not drink.

And yes, you are right. This is life and I have to learn how to deal with it sober. I have been drinking almost all of my entire adult life...and that has not helped me out one bit.

Today is a new day for all of us. Hugs to those who are struggling and feeling down. This is not an easy battle for sure, but I will keep the hope in my heart and continue on one day at a time.......
Old 11-03-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hey Luper, you inspire me

It has been a tough couple of weeks in my life. The difference for me now at 7 months sober is that I have mustered the strength within myself to make decisions and changes around me that are genuinely good for me to try to ease the load. Still taking each day as it comes but seeing many moves ahead, like a great game of chess.

Stay close to SR, Luper. During the rough patches and the good.