Notices

Day 91: claws unfurling from PAWS

Old 11-01-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 91: claws unfurling from PAWS

I have made it past the 90 day point but for the last few days I have had no patience, irritable, quick to misread situations and depressed at home in the evening (for no apparent reason at all).

Then, I noticed a few days ago that NuuDawn had posted about PAWS and, after looking into it, I was so relieved. A part of me was thinking.. ohh great, is this the true me emerging as I recover?? But I do feel much better today after a good nights sleep.

In fact, a few weeks ago I was blamed at work for something I didn't do and nearly went manic trying to prove it wasn't me. Then after a few days I was able to let it go and then felt a little silly for not just explaining it wasn't me and then letting it go. That must have been my first PAWS experience.

It's odd because I slowed my alcohol intake before quitting and didn't experience many withdrawal symptoms, so I guess I expected to be in the free and clear. As it turns out, my brain is slowly re-adapting to normality. It's great to know what the problem was.

Thank you Soberrecovery and Nuudawn for making that post. Before that, I was unaware of PAWS. It really does reinforce my own acceptance that I cannot drink again. It's crazy how we drank without much thought beyond the process of drinking = buzz->drunk (repeat).. meanwhile our brains were adapting to the poison and in that process making it more difficult to have a normal life or be loved by healthy people. As for me, a large reason why I drank is because I didn't feel accepted or loved. Such a vicious drug for those with painful histories who use it to escape.

Be safe and strong everyone and thank you once again SoberRecovery for everything!
Old 11-01-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey SoberComposer, congrats on passing the three month point! Nice job.

I was unfamiliar with the acronym "PAWS" until I read your's and 5KRunner's posts today. I see that it usually lasts for two years. I think I can attribute some of my feelings to that as well. Thanks.

For those who are unaware, here's some info on PAWS.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberComposer View Post
. . .

Thank you Soberrecovery and Nuudawn for making that post. Before that, I was unaware of PAWS.
Another example of the beauty of SR and its members . . . . .

Congratulations, SoberComposer on 91 days. YOU Rock.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

90+ days is fantastic well done Sobercomposer
Old 11-01-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

90 Days is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!