Notices

scared and ashamed

Old 10-29-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy scared and ashamed

im soo scared to tell my doctor about my cocaine addiction. im 10 weeks pregnant and 2 days clean scared that they will call cps on me i just found out that im pregnant and really need change but i doubt telling him will change anything its not like he can cure me of this. its on me right.. i wanted to tell him as soon as i found out but i cant.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For the sake of the baby, to give him or her a fair chance, you need to see the doctor. You have to be honest. You can recover, if anything, now you have a fantastic reason to save yourself. I don't pretend to understand what emotional feeling you may be going through, but do what's right for the baby. I am sure you will find your way. It all works out in the end.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SeaScape

Is there anyone who can go with you to your appointment - to provide support and to help you be brave and honest.

If they want to get CPS involved it is NOT because YOU are bad, it is because your addiction is not good for your baby.

I don't know what you believe but please know that I am praying for you and for your strength at this difficult time.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What is there to loose by being honest with your Dr? you can't get the right treatment unless he knows the full picture!!

Maybe write it all down beforehand and bring it with you!!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

In my opinion, you must tell your dr. This is not about you. This is about your unborn baby who needs to be cared for.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Pls talk to your doctor think of the child now nothing else

were all here for you ok
Old 10-29-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Is your Dr even allowed to say anything?
Isn't it privilaged information?
Even if it isn't, any good Dr would work with you. I have shared things with my Dr that made me cringe and found him to be totally unflustered and only acted in a very supportive way.
Do what's right and you will feel much better
Old 10-29-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A doctor will have much more respect for you coming forward than waiting and not disclosing it. Much more compassion and understanding now. I hope you do the right thing.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can seriously harm the fetus and its development with cocaine. You must stay clean if you want a healthy baby. Remember that it is sharing your blood and organs so the coke goes right to your baby too.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Imagine how you'll feel if you do nothing and there is a lasting impact to your child. My guess is that feeling would dwarf anything you're currently feeling.

Look at it as an insurance payment. You take a known, fixed cost now in order to avoid a large and potentially disastrous cost in the future.

You can do this.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by 914born View Post
im soo scared to tell my doctor about my cocaine addiction. im 10 weeks pregnant and 2 days clean scared that they will call cps on me i just found out that im pregnant and really need change but i doubt telling him will change anything its not like he can cure me of this. its on me right.. i wanted to tell him as soon as i found out but i cant.
Actually he can help you. There are 2 important facets of this to remember. First off, he needs to know so that the health of your unborn child can be assessed and he can monitor your pregnancy knowing about your drug use. How your pregnancy progresses and how they treat/monitor you will be different than it would be for someone who was not a drug user.

Secondly, he can help you find resources to quit. You may or man not be able to do so on your own, so there are many people and programs that he may be able to direct you to, some even within the hospital most likely.

Bottom line, there is a very good probability that you can progress through this wonderful time and have a healthy baby. But holding back your drug use is not an option anymore - you have an obligation to do everything you can as it's not just your life anymore - you need to tell them and you need to tell them now.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You need to stop now. You need to take care of yourself and explain to your doctor that when you found out about your pregnancy that your intent is to quit cold turkey and you need help and advice. There is nothing wrong with that statement, and there is nothing to be ashamed of unless you decide not to stop. I am an alcoholic and it was the hardest thing to quit cold turkey when I found about my pregnancies but I had to do it. Put everything aside and care for this baby and it will all make sense for you. good luck. be strong.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

914, I know it must be scary for you but you need to trust in the people who can help you now.

Take a friend or family member to the drs with you for support.

Will you let us know when you have been ? We can help you with any worries you might have after seeing the dr.

Every one of us is here for you.