Old 10-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck Razor
Old 10-29-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by razor15 View Post
I am almost 60 days in and I don't want to slip.
I suppose that is why I'm posting this.
So I am accountable to you fine people as well.
Thank you for reading.
So glad you posted from your heart. I will steal a line from one of our SR friends PK - keep pushing through!

I have dwelt on this simple wisdom from him a few times. At first, it just seemed like nonsense to me. But the more I opened my heart and mind to new ideas the more, for me - it struck a chord.

I have been recently exactly where you are and felt what you are going through. KPT - keep pushing through is now a mantra for me.

I realize this too shall pass.....that sobriety, regardless of how the heck I feel on any one day - is the daily prize - And if I KPT an hour from now, or tomorrow or the day after I always feel much better.

So, KPT!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
never-give-up.jpg (65.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 10-29-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good to hear that you kept that Monster out in the driveway! I'm sorry that you don't feel better today but it DOES get better. We all process things differently, physically and mentally, but as alcoholics we are all connected in this fight. I'm 2 years 5 months and 13 days sober and I have reached a point where I don't think about Alcohol at all. It's no longer controlling me but I know if I take ONE sip I'm done. This time of year the specialty beers come out, my favorite, and of course I see the commercials and YES I can smell and taste it B U T I no longer struggle with it. It's just not there like it use to be. My point in all of this is to say your freedom is coming. Keep hitting the Gym. If its too strong and you are at home just go to bed. I use to do that. If I could fall asleep I didn't have to " fight the fight ". I'm not a Counselor I'm just an Alcoholic, recovering. Please stay strong.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Razor, I am so happy for you!!! PLEASE don't pick up that first drink like I did. You're my hero. You can do this!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Razor!!
Old 10-29-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

All good, friends. The gym helped enormously...nothing like spinning for an hour to get those endorphins going! I'll be OK, but I just want to thank you all for that support and holding me accountable. For me, that is more valuable than you can possibly know. Thanks to you all, including my September friends especially. :-)
Old 10-30-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

There have been a few threads lately about urge surfing and the cycle of our urges. The urges do seem to hit at certain intervals. It's scary when they come out of nowhere and we worry "can I deal with this craving forever?" Luckily the cravings subside just as suddenly as they came. Ride it out and you will be fine, very often anyways.