Notices

Liver/weight question

Old 10-28-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Liver/weight question

Not asking for medical advice...just asking, for those of you who have been diagnosed with fatty liver from alcohol abuse and gained a lot of weight, did the weight come off when you quit drinking? Did it take longer than you expected because of the liver problem? Experiences would be appreciated. I understand that it is different for everyone but I'm very discouraged and my abdomen is huge..I look 7 months pregnant! UGH!
Old 10-28-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I also had diabetes when I had a big liver scare 4 years ago. I changed the way I ate dramatically and stopped drinking. I lost 50 pounds over 4-5 months.

Sadly, once I was healthy for awhile, I relapsed and continue to fight my addiction to alcohol. And, I have put back on a solid 15 pounds and my belly is fat. Thankfully, so far, my liver numbers have stayed normal since that time when I had several months sober and lost that weight.

But, you may want to see your doctor to be sure it is not fluid. That can be a concern with liver disease.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

when i got sober i didnt do liver checks i wanted to give my liver extensive healing time and am planning on ringing doc to make sure my liver is ok tomorrow as i would like to know