Notices

life happened

Old 10-28-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy life happened

I just found out that I'm 10 weeks pregnant yesterday and I'm scared...scared because cocaine won't leave me alone...gotta stop this **** NOW
Old 10-28-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 914born View Post
I just found out that I'm 10 weeks pregnant yesterday and I'm scared...scared because cocaine won't leave me alone...gotta stop this **** NOW
Turn fear to action; get into a program immediately and take care of yourself and your baby.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Congratulations! I think you have that backward. It's YOU who won't leave cocaine alone. Now is the time to do whatever is necessary to get clean and stay clean. You owe nothing less to that innocent life that happened. (((HUGS)))
Old 10-28-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

You need to seek help speak to a doc asap about putting you in touch with a source of help

or try this Welcome to Cocaine Anonymous
Old 10-28-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can make this your turning point and turn that corner!!
Old 10-28-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

choices define our lives. Get face to face help if you can- you are fighting for both of you
Old 10-28-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please talk to your dr for advice and do whatever you need to do for your unborn child. This is so important right now.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can stop doing drugs for the sake of you and your baby-to-be.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was a cocaine addict when I found out that I was pregnant, at about 10 weeks in...

I was terrified - terrified that I couldn't get clean, that I had somehow damaged the baby, that if I hadn't hurt the baby already, I wouldn't get clean and the baby would be born addicted and taken away from me.

I was living in the streets. My whole world was drugs. Daily drugs - smoking crack, shooting coke.

On THAT DAY I decided to quit. I prayed, I cried, and I went immediately to an NA meeting.

Long story short, that is the story of the pregnancy with my son, who is 28 years old now. He is an extraordinary being, and the world is a better place for his being in it. He was not only not damaged, but is athletically gifted, kind, funny, smart, successful, and an important person to many people.

He saved my life. He still says that, every time we get together. I saved his life by getting clean; he saved mine by being the first reason I ever had to get clean.

I went to NA meetings every day, sometimes twice a day. I went to outpatient rehab. I went to the doctor. I lived in shelters. It was not a comfortable pregnancy, not full of baby showers or stylish maternity clothes. I didn't have a partner; I was all alone. It was desperate survival.

But it is probably the most important thing I've ever done, the pivotal experience of my life. It changed everything.

I GOT CLEAN THAT DAY. And never looked back.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! GET HELP IMMEDIATELY!!! THIS IS DO-ABLE!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When you go to the gyno, you gotta be honest. They aren't going to judge, they're going to help.

I had to admit to the Dr. that i drank before I knew i was pregnant. There was no lecture or judgement. She just asked if I needed help to quit.

I know pregnancy can take a while to seem "real" or like there's actually a little person in there. But the further along you get, the more you're going to panic over possible damage.

Good luck. And Congrats!!!!!
Old 10-28-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome 914 and congratulations on your news. My suggestion would be that you need to immediately let your doctor know exactly what is going on with your drug use. How much you are using, what you are using, and how often you are doing it. It is a confidential conversation, and it is scary, but you don't have any other choice at this point as another life is depending on it. If you haven't told your doctor, do it right now - today. They can help formulate a plan that will be in both your best interest and the unborn's.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heartcore View Post
I was a cocaine addict when I found out that I was pregnant, at about 10 weeks in...

I was terrified - terrified that I couldn't get clean, that I had somehow damaged the baby, that if I hadn't hurt the baby already, I wouldn't get clean and the baby would be born addicted and taken away from me.

I was living in the streets. My whole world was drugs. Daily drugs - smoking crack, shooting coke.

On THAT DAY I decided to quit. I prayed, I cried, and I went immediately to an NA meeting.

Long story short, that is the story of the pregnancy with my son, who is 28 years old now. He is an extraordinary being, and the world is a better place for his being in it. He was not only not damaged, but is athletically gifted, kind, funny, smart, successful, and an important person to many people.

He saved my life. He still says that, every time we get together. I saved his life by getting clean; he saved mine by being the first reason I ever had to get clean.

I went to NA meetings every day, sometimes twice a day. I went to outpatient rehab. I went to the doctor. I lived in shelters. It was not a comfortable pregnancy, full of baby showers or stylish maternity clothes. I didn't have a partner; I was all alone. It was desperate survival.

But it is probably the most important thing I've ever done, the pivotal experience of my life. It changed everything.

I GOT CLEAN THAT DAY. And never looked back.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! GET HELP IMMEDIATELY!!! THIS IS DO-ABLE!!!!!!!
^^^^ Exactly what heartcore said - nothing more to say.

(You have brought tears to my eyes, heartcore.)
Old 10-28-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

some terrific advice here 914Born

you can do this - for you and your bub

D
Old 10-28-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Perhaps this new life can save yours, as Heartcore said.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

thanks guys