SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Itchy skin after drinking alcohol for quite sometime (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/349045-itchy-skin-after-drinking-alcohol-quite-sometime.html)

Rickybanda 10-28-2014 03:42 AM

Itchy skin after drinking alcohol for quite sometime

Hello

I am new here and would like your help. I have a problem with my drinking and I would like to quit drinking. Each time I take more than 5 bottles of beer I tend to get itchy the following day and it's so uncomfortable. Please help. What could the problem be. I am trying to quit but victory to this battle seems to be long overdue!

GracieLou 10-28-2014 03:46 AM

I had itching when I stopped drinking. Dehydration can play a part in that. Dry skin makes you itch.

It only lasted a short while and then it went away. Just the many things that we go through when we stop drinking. Try to use some lotion. That helped me a bit.

MIRecovery 10-28-2014 03:59 AM

When I poisoned myself I had a whole list of health problems. I would work on the cause not effects

PurpleKnight 10-28-2014 11:14 AM

Welcome to the Forum!! :wave:

The body isn't invincible, sooner or later health problems will start to crop up.

Might be time to rethink your relationship with alcohol!!

Soberwolf 10-28-2014 12:27 PM

Welcome Ricky

you can gain your victory

jt1234 10-28-2014 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rickybanda (Post 4980393)
Hello

I am new here and would like your help. I have a problem with my drinking and I would like to quit drinking. Each time I take more than 5 bottles of beer I tend to get itchy the following day and it's so uncomfortable. Please help. What could the problem be. I am trying to quit but victory to this battle seems to be long overdue!

Expect itchy skin when you quit (today). Was always pretty intense for me in the evenings during the first few days when I would attempt to quit. Agree with the advice above. Fill you body with water.

JanieJ 10-28-2014 05:03 PM

Hi Ricky, welcome !

You' ll find tons of support here, if you decide you want to quit this time. I'm 17 days sober now and feeling much better.

Glad you found us.

FacingFuture 10-28-2014 05:26 PM

Itchy skin is pretty common. I've had it when in withdrawl.

It can be caused be a lot of things... All go away in a short number of days.

foolsgold66 10-28-2014 05:41 PM

Welcome. That's detox, most likely. If that's all you get you're not too bad off yet. Course, I've had itchy skin at 7 years sober, too. Lotion, drink water, rest, skip the alcohol and hang around here. :)

Hooped 10-28-2014 06:10 PM

I have itchy and slightly flaky skin.. particularly my legs.
In my own case, my doctor told me it was one sign of liver problems.