Notices

Still Early in Recovery, very overwhelmed

Old 10-25-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still Early in Recovery, very overwhelmed

I am 11 months clean. I am staying with my brother and his family right now. My family is vdry helpful and i am grateful to them for what they have done for me. I am working a full and part time job, i pay a little rent and share a room with my neices. I go go meetings and another support group to help me get out of poverty, plud therapy and corrections stuff. I am doing everything I can to change my life. The problem is I feel like it's not good. enough for them. My dad is helping my brother and his wife buy and remodel a bigger house so we can all live in it.Right now life is insane here. Remodeling. and moving. at the same time. They expect me to help every second I am not working to make money or on my recovery. I am physically and emotionally exhausted. All the chaos is triggering me terribly. I need help dealing and setting boundaries for my own health and recovery. Any help would be appreciated. I also suffer from anxiety.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, that sounds quite chaotic and despite that you're bettering yourself and have almost a year, that's awesome!

It's difficult, if not impossible, for "normal" people to understand how much it takes to maintain sobriety. You say you're going to meetings - AA? Perhaps taking some of the key people in your life to an open meeting would help?
Old 10-25-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

11 months is awesome Hopester
Old 10-25-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Hopester View Post
I am 11 months clean. I am staying with my brother and his family right now. My family is vdry helpful and i am grateful to them for what they have done for me. I am working a full and part time job, i pay a little rent and share a room with my neices. I go go meetings and another support group to help me get out of poverty, plud therapy and corrections stuff. I am doing everything I can to change my life. The problem is I feel like it's not good. enough for them. My dad is helping my brother and his wife buy and remodel a bigger house so we can all live in it.Right now life is insane here. Remodeling. and moving. at the same time. They expect me to help every second I am not working to make money or on my recovery. I am physically and emotionally exhausted. All the chaos is triggering me terribly. I need help dealing and setting boundaries for my own health and recovery. Any help would be appreciated. I also suffer from anxiety.
Sounds like you have a lot of great people that you're grateful for in your life!That's huge!

I can see what you mean though......appears you are stretched/stressed out.

Your brother and his family maybe are as well. Thank goodness you have each other's love. Have you thought about simply speaking to them from the heart? Leading by expressing your gratitude but maybe ask them how their stress level is as well? Perhaps just an open, honest conversation may provide some relief for all??

Wishing you peace - 11 Months is an inspiration to myself and others!!!!
Glad you're here - sounds like a great level of commitment on your part!!
Awesome.......

fly
Old 10-25-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

I suggest some time off, a vacation perhaps? You seem stressed.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there, make sometime for yourself in all of this to recharge your batteries!!

When I got Sober I found simply going to work in the morning was difficult, but I made sure I got some me time during the day and at weekends, away from it all to focus on me!!

You can do this!!