Notices

6 days sober and another relapse

Old 10-25-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 days sober and another relapse

Although I am not sure to call it relapse, I feel I havenīt really commited to being sober and I havenīt been sober more than 7 days in a row this year. Have been thinking a lot about this, and how I will really realize I cannot drink. Yesterday I was supposed to have 1 or 2 glasses of wine. It did not work of course.
Been reading a lot about sober people and how great they feel, that is really encouraging. I am making plans for next week to stay sober, including exercise, meeting sober people and keeping busy.

Thanks to all you great people who share your experiences, I relate to a lot and I hope that I will get out of this merry go round one day soon.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Laura567

You will know when your ready once and for all. SR is a good place to find that point by seeing others that have finally reached that place. You could also look at the good and bad of continuing . When I looked at it this way my bad list was big, real big and well the good list I'm still trying to find something to put down. Keep trying Good Luck.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

It is great that you are making plans for next week but what is you plan today?
Old 10-25-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today I am staying at home until all stores close in two hours. Then I will have no booze at home and the same goes for tomorrow. It is great to live in a country with strict rules regarding selling alcohol :-)
Spending my time cleaning the house and tonight I will rent a movie. And read on SR.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I kept drinking until I couldn't get away with it anymore Laura.
The trouble with doing that is there a really slow descent parabola that suddenly gets very quick at the end.

If you haven;t got 20 years to spare and you want to keep all the things near and dear to you I really recommend you look hard at making different choices from here on in.

You'll look back and be so glad you did

D
Old 10-25-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Laura, I can totally relate to your post because I have been on that roller coaster. I am on day 7 now which is when alcohol and it's effects become a distant memory, and I begin to think that I am ready to handle drinking again. If you are anything like me, you need to get to that point where you are ready to not believe the lies your addiction tells you.
Stay strong, focus on all the good you feel sober and the inspiring stories on here. Know in your heart that you will never have the opportunity to have that if you give in to just that one drink.
Hold on tight, SR is always here for you
Old 10-25-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

What D said im 32 and im so glad i dont drink no more
Old 10-25-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Most of my relapses happened right around days 4-7. I suspect that it was because I would finally get to the "pink cloud" moment of feeling better and think that I could go back to drinking like a normie. That never worked out well. Best to have a plan in place when you get into that particular zone. The further away that last drink gets, the more likely you are to start winning little battles...and eventually the war. :-)
Old 10-25-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good luck. It is a tough road but worth it
Old 10-25-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope the awesome support here can help you stop drinking for good.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I get scared of the rapid change so revert, if I could get past that I would be okay until I got scared of the rapid change again but would remember how I got past it the last time then know, this too, will pass. I will change when I'm ready to battle my fears.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I really needed to accept that I couldn't control my drinking anymore, planning to have 1 or 2 would never work, because I had an addiction that could never stick to those great intentions.

For me I needed to part ways with alcohol, become a "non drinker" in this world, and since doing that things have been looking up!!

You can do this too Laura!!