SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   One year and counting! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/348764-one-year-counting.html)

SonomaGal 10-24-2014 11:15 PM

One year and counting!

The last week I've thought about how important time became during the last 366 days of sobriety.

From the early days of counting hours, watching out for the witching hour, and feeling overjoyed to have double digit days. To the realization that it was easier to see progress in months rather than days. To the endless desire to be free of desire, and the long days that stretched out in front of me while I willed myself to just get more time. This year, time was my ally, my faith, and my challenge.

A year ago I probably would have been surprised that I'm still growing, learning, struggling (sometimes). I definitely had it in my head that quitting would be an instant cure all, which truthfully I'm glad it's not. I think the most meaningful and true thing I've heard about sobriety is that we end up letting go of things we didn't even know we were holding onto. It's so true!

Thanks for being such an incredible forum, so full of truth and craziness and inspiration!!! I don't know if I could have done it without you!

- H

islandgrrl 10-24-2014 11:27 PM

Congratulations on one year!!

MythOfSisyphus 10-25-2014 12:03 AM

Congrats, SonomaGal.:a122: Your experience mirrors my own. When I found SR the idea of a year of sobriety seemed like fantasy. Now I have a little over two years under my belt. I hope you're taking the moment to give yourself a pat on the back. One year is a big deal!:You_Rock_

MyTime86 10-25-2014 12:29 AM

Good job Sonoma

hayley86 10-25-2014 12:47 AM

Congratulations on one year sober! That's wonderful! :)

mecanix 10-25-2014 01:19 AM

keep on living , keep on learning , :You_Rock_

Bestwishes, m

Soberwolf 10-25-2014 02:24 AM

:hb6

1 year is fantastic news well done

Hollyanne 10-25-2014 02:50 AM

:c011:
Well done Sonomagal.

Buggirl 10-25-2014 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by SonomaGal (Post 4974643)
The last week I've thought about how important time became during the last 366 days of sobriety.

From the early days of counting hours, watching out for the witching hour, and feeling overjoyed to have double digit days. To the realization that it was easier to see progress in months rather than days. To the endless desire to be free of desire, and the long days that stretched out in front of me while I willed myself to just get more time. This year, time was my ally, my faith, and my challenge.

A year ago I probably would have been surprised that I'm still growing, learning, struggling (sometimes). I definitely had it in my head that quitting would be an instant cure all, which truthfully I'm glad it's not. I think the most meaningful and true thing I've heard about sobriety is that we end up letting go of things we didn't even know we were holding onto. It's so true!

Thanks for being such an incredible forum, so full of truth and craziness and inspiration!!! I don't know if I could have done it without you!

- H

What an awesome post! Well done! This keeps people such as me who are early on in sobriety going! Thanks! :c011:

Meraviglioso 10-25-2014 02:53 AM

Congratulations!

FeelingGreat 10-25-2014 03:06 AM

Brilliant effort SG, you should be very proud of yourself.

Venecia 10-25-2014 06:01 AM

Wonderful!, Sonoma!

When I hit my one-year anniversary, it was an interesting time of reflection. I think we just keep getting stronger in Year Two.

So happy for you!

Dee74 10-25-2014 06:05 AM

Congratulations :)
D

HeadLump 10-25-2014 07:17 AM

Many, many congratulations, Sonoma! I hope you're shining with pride - you certainly deserve to be

:c014: :c014: :c014:

least 10-25-2014 07:48 AM

Congrats on the first of many sober years. :c011:

Fly N Buy 10-25-2014 08:34 AM

Inspirational to so many others!

Great job! Love the quail avatar - they are my favorite bird from growing up around the Sonoran Dessert.

I heard a speaker once talk about counselor at rehab, thought the person was a real arse.
Counselor said - If I could give you the gift of sobriety in a pretty package with a nice bow I would not!

pause.........

Because, I wouldn't steal the gift of the journey from you.......

I am finding that to be so true, as I am sure you would agree!!!!

Well done SG! So many you can help....

Fly

pumpkinny 10-25-2014 08:57 AM

Congratulations on 1 year! Love posts like this, thank you!

Lusher 10-25-2014 09:56 AM

Hey SonomaGal, Congrats On One year!!! You should be very proud!!!
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/...psefucmmxr.gif

PurpleKnight 10-25-2014 10:50 AM

Fantastic SonomaGal!! :You_Rock_

alwayssober1 10-25-2014 11:20 AM

Well done SonomaGal! 1 year is HUGE!!! :a122: