Notices

alive ....

Old 10-24-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking into treatment now. Stress & pain finally caught up w/ me & i went on a 6 day bender & ended up in the ER . More for the pain then wd though . But made very sure i told then about the drinking as well.

The nurse & "vampire" was extremely nice & caring . As well as the shrink i asked to speak w/. The doctor on the other hand was a total ***** who looked down on me cause he saw the booze as my main reason for being there. Never mind that the spasms were so bad the nurse noticed my musles doing it taking vitals.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're trying to find treatment, August!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((August)))). glad you're getting help! Please stay with us and keep us posted. Missed you,

Love from Lenina
Old 10-24-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi August, good luck with the treatment.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope the treatment works out. Good that you're getting honest with us and your carers.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck
Old 10-24-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi AW, glad you're getting some help. Wishing you the best.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you are getting some help. Unfortunately, not all Drs are understandiing but the heck with him. Don't let one person derail you.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you! Sorry it's been a tough time, but glad you're getting good help.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi and glad to see you back. the big thing that helped me was the words "KEEP COMING, IT WORKS IF WE WORK IT!"

BE WELL
Old 10-24-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes on treatment - hope you find a place D

D
Old 10-24-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

AW - I'm glad you let us know what's going on. Good that you're seeking help - we care about you.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanx all . As I stated internet is something not everyone has access to I my situation. If I had a doctor for my anxiety I'd be here more often. But the anxiety has gotten really bad, as well as the violence & taking care of dad. But I'm trying; my cousin (only friend here) is gonna take me go w/ me to ease things for me.

But now mom is sick & pretty sure it's not gonna be too good. I now have 2 people relying on me since Dad starts radiation next week. But coming here everyday always did help me so I need to work out away. If I had my PC I might be able to but difficult w/ just the nexus 7.

Speaking of the sober recovery app won't let me access private messages. I rooted it recently for educational purposes, I doubt that's the reason, so if aadmin might know why, or if it's too full clear the oldest out please I'd appreciate it. Thanx again all :-)
Old 10-24-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wishing you well, August. You have a lot on your plate but it looks like you're making progress.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yes I'm trying. The rehab can not be residential, which rules out allot of the low cost/free ones. But the place the hospital recommended does over dual diagnosis, & out patient. But I am so bad I can't even make phone calls. My bender started when I had booze delivered then once buzzed I had NP going back an preparing for the next day.

I made 2 friends here, both non drinkers, one moved last week & the other last month. My cousin though has told me she will get me there even if she has to bring the kids. So that is a plus. The hospital did give me a big enough Valuim prescription so I can squash the spasms enough & hopefully the anxiety enough where I can get to a few minutes & deal with people. At the very least somewhere so I can at least check in here.

I'm just still in real pain but w/ the spasms taking out of the picture, I can move, slowly but enough I can get out we'll the rents nap. My 2nd "mother" in Boston has been going out of her way to help as much as possible. Calling or emailing once a day at least. So I have some, very little, but some support.

So if I have rambling post at times, sorry just trying to keep busy haha. I'm officially 27hrs sober. So I'm try. Again TY all. Ohhh I got the app fixed. It was cause I was rooted & did something stupid early on when I was still learning haha.
Dennis
Old 10-25-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're on the right track. Hang in there! Sometimes it's easy sometimes it's tough, but it's worth it no matter what.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yea I'm done I need to step up & that bs I said before. But reality has hit me hard this last year. Losing my girl of 13yrs, my cats, my house, 2 aunts I was close to , my medical. My poor father's cancer, my Boston's dad had blood clot an the operation last week, which went well, only 2 friends I had are gone lol

So Yea its time to look outside the box. The rehab I first went to & evaluated me stated I needed to focus on certain aspects that push my drinking then start focusing on them 1 by 1. So anxiety is stopping a big junk chuck of it. Then they told me I could get a bed there 60 days for upwards 59,000 & well that ain't happening lol Just added more weight on me.

But this place was recommended by the hospital shrink & she knows my situation well. Mainly b/c of the advent, desire to tackle this, & most importantly what I have coming down the road w/ my parents

Anyway sorry to babble you guys/girls eyes off lol
Dennis

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Sober Recovery