Notices

Common Anxieties That I Use To Have

Old 10-26-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's very common.

I only ever drank at home, alone, but if I didn't have a good supply of alcohol hidden away, my anxiety level would continue to rise.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yea I have always had this feeling if I went out somewhere. I would always drink before getting there because I knew there would not be enough booze for me. Even if I left drunk, I would get home and drink more because my buzz was starting to simmer.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My biggest fear on either a night out or a night in was the supply of alcohol, was there enough, when was the bar closing, who was on the next round, was there a liquor store close by to stop at on the way home.

Sobriety has lowered my blood pressure in more than one way!!
Old 10-26-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well, that brought a bunch of memories flooding back!! I don't miss those days at all.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lusher View Post
I wanted to share one of the more common anxieties that I use to have when I drank. This was pretty much all of the time if the circumstances were there, and I was just curious how common this is.

For example:

When I would attend a small dinner party, or some other small get together, I’d often (always) get a bit anxious that there won't be enough alcohol. Even if I had already tuned-up before I arrived.

If it was a group of 2-3 couples for example, and I learned that the host only purchased a 12-pack of beer for the evening, that would actually disturb me the entire night, even if I already had a decent amount of alcohol already in me. Just the fact that there’s only a modest limit of beer left would run through my mind the entire time, and sort of put a damper on evening. I’d actually get the desire to leave and go home where my booze was plentiful. (Just another booze annoyance that I don't miss.)

Is this a common trait?
Yeah, I think so. I mean, I hung out with drinkers so a lack of alcohol was never an issue. But I have suffered massive anxiety knowing I would have to go to family outings or whatever without booze. No one cared how much I drank amongst friends though, it was occasionally a joking point between us: how much I could put away. At the time I was grateful, now I think they just didn't care about me very much.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This was also a huge problem for me. 2 bottles of wine for six people?! Were they kidding?! I wanted two for myself. So glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

I would get anxiety at BARS. The waiting in line part always worried me.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I would stay and help clean up. And gulp the leftover cocktails or beers left behind. Feast! What really sucked was the last and final time I sucked down a cocktail with several cigarette butts included. Someone's ashtray!