Notices

The Tears Won't Stop

Old 10-22-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy The Tears Won't Stop

I am saddened with a heavy heart because at this point, my husband who was an excellent provider for and to me and a helper to anyone in need has gone back to heavy drinking after 16 years of sobriety. I feel so utterly and deeply helpless and without hope of him ever recovering.
I'm feeling like my husband doesn't want to stop yet. There is much deception and sneaking quietly into another part of our home to do his drinking.
I apologize for going overboard with...In just typing these words seem to give me a sense of relief.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry for your situation.

I hope you can find some peace. Do you use AlAnon as a support for yourself?

Also, if you like, we have a forum for Friends & Families of Alcoholics on this message board and you will find lots of support.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Have you ever been to al anon?
Old 10-22-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with the last two posts that you should try al-anon. I'm very sorry for your situation and its ok to feel what you're feeling, but its your husbands responsibility to seek help. Its your responsibilty to take care of yourself.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! Do take a look at the friends and family forum for more insight from people who understand what you're going thru.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello welcome to SR Ssenteews im so sorry this is happening

i hope he comes to his senses asap
Old 10-22-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you. I appreciate you directing and referring me to the Family and Friends support part of this community. I truly need it right about now. And no I am not familiar with agency @Al****
Old 10-22-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hello welcome to SR Ssenteews im so sorry this is happening

i hope he comes to his senses asap
Thank you Soberwolf for your kind reply and referral.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
Have you ever been to al anon?
No I have never been to al-anon, but I will definitely check it out because I need it right about now? Thank you for asking.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Al anon is for the family members of alcoholics. It's likely in your phone book or, google it. I'd call them. They are a wonderful support.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Welcome! Do take a look at the friends and family forum for more insight from people who understand what you're going thru.
Least, I appreciate you and all the members of this community for directing my efforts toward al-anon and Family and Friends...My husband was sober for 16 years, then one tragedy after another happened in his life until he became very depressed and this lead to him picking up the bottle again. I am saddened deeply because my husband is a good person; but when he's drinking, the yelling at the top of his lungs, the cursing, the name calling, the shifting the blame to me, the frequent calls for help, and so forth have taken a serious toll on me mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

Please tell me where to find the link to family and friends on this site. And thank you for taking the time to read this.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jakec View Post
I agree with the last two posts that you should try al-anon. I'm very sorry for your situation and its ok to feel what you're feeling, but its your husbands responsibility to seek help. Its your responsibilty to take care of yourself.
I do too Jakec, I agree with all these wonderful posts. Thank you for your reply.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
Al anon is for the family members of alcoholics. It's likely in your phone book or, google it. I'd call them. They are a wonderful support.
Thank you Awuhl, I will definitely google al-anon. I appreciate your reply and your advice.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 10-22-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
~sb

http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

glad you found SR!
Old 10-22-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for what you and your husband are going through. You are both suffering.

I wanted to share with you that in my AA home group there are two great men who each had wicked relapses after long term sobriety. One nearly 17 years. Both are now several years sober again and living great lives.

Don't lose hope and faith
Old 10-22-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm very glad you found us - I do think it will help lessen your anxiety to share what you're going through. I've gone through it too, long ago, and I know how heartsick you feel. You're among friends who understand - I hope you'll stay with us.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

While I agree that everyone is responsible for their own sobriety, if he had 16 years sober time I hope you can at least talk to him. There's a lot at stake for you both, so hopefully you can help jar him into seeing his problem for what it is.