Notices

So mad i could spit!!

Old 10-22-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
Lol, I just worked this out. Oh and most important...staying sober. I totally just worked this out. Huh...that's a first.
This whole sobriety thing sucks,huh?
Old 10-22-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by josharon View Post
One of the few things I like about my husband these days is that he's not an alcoholic. What's that saying...if you have alcoholic parents you will either become a drunk or marry one (something like that). I absolutely could not IMAGINE doing both, especially because I have kids. Hang in there, CG. You're doing all the right things, but remember that drinking is not all ugliness, and sometime he will be doing it and it will remind you that it used to be fun. And you might think, "he gets to do it, and I've been so good for so long, I deserve it too!" At least that's what I would probably think. It sounds like you have a really tough decision to make, but maybe you can prevent this situation from being permanent by not marrying him? (((hugs)))
I agree with you on most of this. And I am grateful for the rest. Seeing other people drink doesn't make me mad or jealous. A normal drinker having a drink or two after work really has zero effect on me. The ones that overdrink make me sad. I still work in a bar, I see it everyday. I am grateful that at this time looking back, none of it seemed fun. I don't feel like I miss it, I don't want it, every now and then I don't like feeling emotions and want to drown them but that passes when I ignore it. I want to fix me. I want to fix the person that hated herself so bad she numbed it all for 20 something years. The fun part of abusing drugs and alcohol went away so long ago I barely remember it. I'm long winded today, I'm sorry...working through some stuff. I have a meeting today, maybe I'll have the guts to speak up this time.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
This whole sobriety thing sucks,huh?
Lol!!!! Yeah sometimes
Old 10-22-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My wife drinks once a week, tonight she had two glasses of wine and is snoring right next to me.

I might take a video and show her in the morning... She loves that.... Not!!

I might end up having to sleep with one of the kids.

But then I'll get little elbows and knees coming at me all night.

And the couch is 5 ft long and I'm 6ft 2

Old 10-22-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I really have no advice to give, except that knowing how I am drunk and through all these years of my own drinking, I would never, not ever, go out with another drunk. It might sound hypocritical and I am sure it does, but I truly do not like being around drunks very much.

It may very well be I get this from my extreme dislike of my father years ago when he was drunk. I never understood at that time why my mother married him.

Good luck CG.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You need a longer couch! Lol! My daughter is like sleeping with an epileptic octopus and my dog paralyzes the whole bottom half of me when I sleep on the couch. He's not allowed on the furniture but he knows when we are sleeping.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Folks, regret not your families.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi CountryGirl - I'm sorry for what you are dealing & living with. Your resentment and anger will only become stronger if something doesn't change. If you're upset now, just think of how you will feel in a few weeks....

Hang in, be strong and do what you feel is best for you.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cecilia44 View Post
I really have no advice to give, except that knowing how I am drunk and through all these years of my own drinking, I would never, not ever, go out with another drunk. It might sound hypocritical and I am sure it does, but I truly do not like being around drunks very much.

It may very well be I get this from my extreme dislike of my father years ago when he was drunk. I never understood at that time why my mother married him.

Good luck CG.
I think CG is finding out how much drunk people get on your nerves when you are sober.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Toss him out. Change the locks. Change your phone number. If it's like this now, what is marriage going to be like? You can do better I'm sure.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Old 10-22-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
EndGame

There are many benefits that come with accumulating sober time and working at building a better life, CG. Clarity of thought, vision and decisiveness are among them.

You don't at the moment need to make any lasting decisions about anything besides staying sober.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

CountryGirl. Vent away!

Your engaged for a reason right?

I know for me that when my wife was pregnant with our first child I drank through out the entire thing. Right up until the due date. In fact my son was born on the due date. Nothing like walking into a hospital with a bottle and a half of wine in your system while wife was in labor. I regret it still to this day.

Here we are 2 1/2 years later and shes pregnant again with our second. Something changed for me this time. Along with some real health scares I vowed to myself and to her that I'd never drink again. I share this in hopes that something big inspires your fiancé to wake up. Some pivotal moment that inspires him to be a better man for his and your future.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Forever is a long time.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Countrygirl, first of all, I'm glad you are okay for now. I'm glad your situation isn't unmanageable for you, yet. It's good you are able to take some time and make plans.

I'm also glad that you have reconsidered marrying your fiancé. You are making the right choice for yourself.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

hey Countrygirl,

I'm not really in a place to give advice or wisdom, but i can kind of relate. I didn't really notice how my husband acted or cared for that matter when we were both drunk. But the other night I wasn't drinking and he was quite buzzed. HE WAS SO ANNOYING!!! He wouldn't stop talking, and it was that sleepy voice. Then he started some imaginary conflict, accused me of not caring about him and stormed off to bed.

I hope I can be a good influence...so far it's not going so well but I'm struggling
Old 10-22-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Omg I remember me having imaginary conflicts. Ewwww how embarrasing. I feel better after my meeting anyway. I don't know what to do with him right now. Maybe I'll leave some aa pamphlets laying in the bathroom. There's one that says "do I need AA?" He can read it In The upstairs bathroom after regretting whatever he did the night before that left him alone in the bed. He does know it's wrong.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
maybe i'll leave some aa pamphlets laying in the bathroom. There's one that says "do i need aa?"
do it!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
AA member

Congratulations on your sober time Countrygirl.You are living in a difficult situation,if your fiance is an Alcohoic,things will get worse that is a certainty.

You must put your sobriety first,getting angry is a luxury us Alcoholics can't afford,it so often ends in a relapse.

Think carefully about what you are going to do.

I wish you well.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I know all too well the resentments, the smelling of booze on their breath...the snoring...the unwanted "cuddles" ...the pit in your stomach and the anger you feel toward that person you are counting on to be your partner. It really sucks! I left my first husband due to his alcoholism ( I was sober ) and reading your first post brought it all back to me. We had 2 boys, and there is a large age gap between the 2. I left him when my youngest was 18 months old, because I could not allow my younger son to go through what my older one went through. Big hugs.