Notices

How did this happen??

Old 10-21-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How did this happen??

Was sober for six months. Got in a relationship with wrong person who was verbally abusive and took me for a train ride to hell. Started drinking got two dwi's. Been sober now for about four days had been binge drinking straight through two months. Worst of it all i gained 20lbs?! Now... Ive been going to AA, im dealing with the legal ramifications. Im trying to stay positive but twenty pounds? Could that be all fat or water weight?
Old 10-21-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you gained 20lbs is the worst of it????

re-read your original post as though you were someone caring who loves you and see if you think that gaining 20 lbs is the worse of it.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congratulations on four days.

choose sobriety and you'll be amazed at the healthy things that will follow.

don't worry about some weight - that comes and goes.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you was sober for 6 months and got into a relationship and ended up drinking again and a bit of mess with your life

this is quite a normal run of events, in aa we do suggest people dont go into relationships not until they have at least one year sober living under there belt and will have been starting to work on themselves as people

most people when they hear this when there new say sod that for a lark and ignore the advice
but its based on experiences such as you have had it takes a long time for things to start to settle down and we start to understand just what it is we are dealing with

for alcoholics its not just about putting the drink down and not drinking we also have to change how we behave and react to things thats what takes us a life time to learn

the best thing is your sober again now so although things bad have happend it should least give you more wisdom now for the future
we learn from pain sadly, we never seem to learn when things are going well for some reason
Old 10-21-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I really think you have a lot bigger problems to deal with than 20 pounds. You are just 4 days sober so you are going through the roller-coaster of early sobriety. You have legal issues to deal with regarding the 2 dui's I guess. The weight will probably come off as you continue your recovery and get into an exercise program.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

It looks as if you've been a member for a while but don't post much. Why not join the 24-Hour Recovery Connections thread, so that you come here daily? You might just see something else interesting.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to say that from what you've been through is why I do not want to get into a relationship. I've been sober a bit longer then you, but I don't want to fall into that trap I wonder if this means that I am going to be alone for the rest of my life?

I don't make eye contact, I turn my head in the total opposite direction. But, I do smile when I do so

I'm alone, and it's scary. I'd rather be sober and alone, then drunk/or with a drunk.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can turn this around with the right plan and support!!

4 days is a great start!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Its amazing.... I never got a DUI as a drunk before and I would ALWAYS drive drunk. Then I went to rehab. Sobered up. Had a huge emotional collapse with this guy. Drove drunk got arrested. Felt so guilty about it - he called me a loser. I was even more in distress a month later I got in another DUI accident this time. Almost lost my job... Cut off contact with him. Got the insurance from my car (which went to my attorney) moved out of state for a new job in a place that I love with great metro transit! All across the country it was even a promotion. God has given me a second or third chance. Im trying not to waste it.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done keep reading keep posting

You can do this
Old 10-21-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Be proud of yourself for picking yourself back up.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back drunkandalone
what's your plan to stay sober

D
Old 10-21-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Drunkandalone View Post
Its amazing.... I never got a DUI as a drunk before and I would ALWAYS drive drunk. Then I went to rehab. Sobered up. Had a huge emotional collapse with this guy. Drove drunk got arrested. Felt so guilty about it - he called me a loser. I was even more in distress a month later I got in another DUI accident this time. Almost lost my job... Cut off contact with him. Got the insurance from my car (which went to my attorney) moved out of state for a new job in a place that I love with great metro transit! All across the country it was even a promotion. God has given me a second or third chance. Im trying not to waste it.
Hope you make the best of your new start. Congrats on the new job and your four days.
As Dee asks, do you have a plan to stay sober and make better decisions about relationships, going forward?
Old 10-21-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Where I live, 2 DUI's results in mandatory jail time. Are you allowed to go across country without the legal stuff being handled first?
Old 10-22-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Where I live, 2 DUI's results in mandatory jail time. Are you allowed to go across country without the legal stuff being handled first?
Yes ive hired a very good attorney. Hes working it out in my stead. Two DUIs dont always result in mandatory jail time. Often you can plea bargain the deal down, perform probation in the city you presently live in. Misdemeanor warrants typically will not be extradited across state lines. Additionally I already have time served. Trust me ive gone through all the legal hoops. Its not the death sentence many make it out to be if you have appropriate representation. I know people with four DUIs that havent been to jail.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back drunkandalone what's your plan to stay sober D
My plan to stay sober is to seek AA groups and surround myself with encouraging people.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thats great drunkandalone

Good luck