Notices

twitchy

Old 10-20-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

twitchy

After 23 days clean, my detox this time is CRAZY ! I feel like a walking, talking neurological mess.... I'm twitchy, bright lights and loud noises startle me, I cannot tolerate being in a crowd because the buzzing conversation makes me feel like I want to crawl into a dark hole where it's safe and quiet, but instead I try to sleep it off. I read somewhere (after the fact) that home-detoxing can be dangerous, especially after drinking daily for 25 years, and as I do not have any lorazepam to quiet me down, I guess I have to go through the hard crash to get to the other side. I am just amazed and humbled that my detox is taking THIS long, and is THIS bad... previously I would be good to go after a week... but not now...It is scary scary stuff, considering how embalmed my brain must be.... all the more reason to let myself heal... I am very very curious and excited about what this road ahead can look like...
Old 10-20-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! I would suggest seeing your doctor if you're still having symptoms after over three weeks.

I'm glad you joined the family.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow...maybe time to go see a doctor? I'm no expert but 23 days of that doesn't seem right to me.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would see a Dr too SF..just to be safe and to get peace of mind?

D
Old 10-20-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You should definitely see a doctor. You may be experiencing symptoms associated with PAWS from either alcohol or Benzo withdrawals. Both of which can be very painful and last for a very long time if not treated.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

unfortunately Dr. is not an option, but it sounds much like PAWS. I am purposely staying away from benzo's, because I do not want to use one potentially addictive substance to ease me out of another... having said that, I notice that symptoms improve greatly with enough sleep and copious amounts of water... so I am going to give myself another few days and see how I do. My head is much clearer, and I am in a place where I will seek medical advice if it becomes necessary. For now it is inconvenient, uncomfortable, but I can live with it...