Notices

Need help to get out of a relapse

Old 10-20-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Deaf to AV

Don't beat yourself up, NeedtoHeal. Just keep coming back here, have faith that you can do it, and carry on. It's possible and the SR family is pulling for you
Old 10-20-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Get back in the rooms, don't be silly! You know, I know, we all know that AA is an open(and often revolving) door; once you walk in everyonne just settles back in their chairs because it's where we belong. And at least for me I take the relaxed approach, I'm there for me, anyone who wants to judge can go ahead. AA just isn't that big a deal, walk in and sit down, I'm there for the fellowship of others like me- they sure as heck don't keep me sober! The only one who can do that is me!
Old 10-20-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember a curious kind of ambivalnce with my drinking by the end...I knew I was getting worse...I wanted to stop...but I didn't want to do any of the things I knew might help me stop....

what I was banking on was me getting worse and then being forced into a solution.

Thats no way to live your life Needtoheal. I lost a lot of things dear and valuable to me before I finally applied the brakes.
I was lucky tho...some people wait too long and they never get that second chance to stop....if you read around you'll find at least two deaths this week of forum members or loved ones.

Go back to AA or don't go back to AA, but do something - even if you have to hole up in your room for a week and post here like a madman to stretch this two days out into something more substantial.

D
Old 10-20-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The disease loves it when you isolate. It's begging you to isolate. It gets all giddy and sanctimonious when you chose to isolate.

You want to make it mad? Stop isolating.

You can do this. I'm always so relieved when someone who has been missing shows up at a meeting. . . Go back. Get hugs. Get connected again.