SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   21 days sober. Checking in. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/348265-21-days-sober-checking.html)

Barnumb 10-19-2014 01:26 PM

21 days sober. Checking in.

Made it three weeks! longest time in my drinking career, which is officially hung up! I just got back in town from New York. Had a great time with my wife for the first time ever without children since they have been born. New York is a hard drinking city. I saw a lot of abuse going down.

I know I have not gone easy on myself these first 3 weeks. I endured a trip to Disney, a business trip, a birthday, a trip to NY and a concert. I don't go to many concerts, but I can definitely recommend to stay far, far away from a concert in early recovery. We saw Eric Church this weekend. Got there a little early, because I wanted to check out MSG. Beautiful Venue. Got in our seats early and listened to comments from my wife about all the cute, well dressed, sweet young couples that were taking their seats all around us. We watched the opening act, Dwight Yoakum, and finally Eric Church. Not a huge EC fan, but liked some of his music. Never realized how many drinking songs I was in for Friday night, but I am pretty sure it was all of them. The 2 couples next to us started smoking pot. There was a fight that broke out an hour into EC, and the girl in front of us was having a acid break down, as her husband drank beer and tried to keep her from jumping out of her skin. I can't even guess the type of drugs she was on? He looked pretty pro at handling her in that state. I was hoping that she was alive the next day.

It was interesting to see all those nice young couples turn into complete jackA55's by simply adding drugs and alcohol. Pretty sad.

Soberwolf 10-19-2014 01:36 PM

3 weeks is awesome Barnumb

When were sober we see it for what it really is well done Barnumb

Barnumb 10-19-2014 01:37 PM

it really made it annoying. left before the last two songs.

Soberwolf 10-19-2014 01:58 PM

Sorry Barnumb

Stevie1 10-19-2014 01:58 PM

OWN it Barnumb! You're doing great!

In previous periods of not drinking, it was quite a turn-off to see people getting trashed and stupid when I wasn't.

PurpleKnight 10-19-2014 02:05 PM

Fantastic!! Keep pushing through!! :You_Rock_

jshep 10-19-2014 03:03 PM

Excellent Barnumb! I too am @ 21 days and I feel great. Keep up the good work :shine8pl:

least 10-19-2014 03:08 PM

Congrats on 3 weeks sober! :scoregood

anattaboy 10-19-2014 03:58 PM

Yay!

Changel 10-19-2014 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Barnumb (Post 4964564)
It was interesting to see all those nice young couples turn into complete jackA55's by simply adding drugs and alcohol. Pretty sad.

I view some of my friends like that now.

Mark1014 10-19-2014 04:51 PM

Speaking of drinking songs...I made a doughnut run for my little girl and her sleepover pal this morning. My radio was tuned to a country station and 3 of the songs were 'sunshine and whiskey ', 'day drinking', and 'getting drunk on a plane'. Never noticed it too much until now.