Notices

Heroin! Help! Lost!

Old 10-19-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Heroin! Help! Lost!

Need HELP ASAP..
Need help convincing my 25 year old son addicted to heroin that detox is a better choice for withdrawl than moms house! I can't do this, mentally, emotionally or physically! Completely exhausted from this agony of having an addict son! He wants help but wants to detox here rather at a facility and he's agreed to going to treatment! Why won't he go to detox! He says it's because he can't smoke cigarettes while detoxing but that's an excuse n he denies that! I can't do this one more day... He has no insurance in the state of Mn.
He's applied for state insurance but it's pending... 6 weeks so far pending!!! Someone please tell me who to call for help, advise, detox when you have no insurance!! I'm so so desperate with no real support here!!!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, I am very sorry but I don't know where to guide you, I hope someone will pop on soon with a better response. I did want to let you know that I am sorry for what you are going through and to guide you to a section of the forum geared towards friends and family of alcoholics and addicts. If you back out to the main page you will see a section for friends and family.
You should not be the one to carry this weight no matter how much you love and care for you son. He needs professional help right now. Can you call the police and ask for help? Maybe give the hospital a ring and see if they can point you in the right direction. Keep hanging on, help is on the way.
Remember in the middle of all this to take care of yourself.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You may have more luck posting in the Friends and Family of Substance Abusers section of the forum. Good luck
Old 10-19-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try posting your question here:
Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I'm very sorry you are going through this.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

You don' t have to let him stay if it going to affect your life like this

I really hope for a positive outcome
Old 10-19-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! You'll find loads of support here on SR!!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hi, what a situation for you, I can imagine how you are feeling. You poor son too, really good that wants to detox but he is leaning heavily on you. I think as other have suggested, go to the thread for families of addicts, I'm sure there will be info and legal help there. Please let us know how you are though.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Can you just tell him that your place is not available for detoxing? Can you lay down the law and tell him he'll have to go to detox? Try posting your situation in the friends and family forum for more insight.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're in a difficult situation with your son and I hope you can find some peace.