Gone girl, trying again.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to see you back Stevie

D
Old 10-17-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I feel like the AV is screaming for one last hurrah. my drinking escalted more and more after my most serious attmept at quitting, as if it is fighting to stay alive. No morning drinking, but faster and more than ever before.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I feel like the AV is screaming for one last hurrah. my drinking escalted more and more after my most serious attmept at quitting, as if it is fighting to stay alive. No morning drinking, but faster and more than ever before.
I hear you, phoebe! I've had many periods of sobriety and many extended periods of drinking over the last two-plus decades....but this last year has escalated badly. Drinking in the morning was never something I did before. I went over the AVRT "crash course" tool earlier.

Well, wow, after 6 pm and I am sober! And home, with my bed made up nicely. Tonight I shall get into it sober, with face washed and teeth brushed, all squared away. Instead of pitching into it drunk. Spent a few hours earlier with some good non-drinking friends; which helped. I have an awful burning in my gut right now - I guess I'm so used to swilling wine and straight vodka by this time of day my tummy doesn't know what to do with itself. I'm going to cook up something healthy and drink lots of water and ginger ale.

I did not make it to a meeting today. I just feel too shaky and sick to put myself out there in real life. Tomorrow, I will, though.

Thanks to you all. I hope everyone goes to bed sober tonight.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to see you return to us Stevie! I remember you well. You sound ready this time. We're with you.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Hevyn, I see a lot of familiar "faces" here!

I'm terrified actually. I generally thought I was "ready" most of the other times, so, yeah.
But I'm giving a lot more thought to what I could have done better and more proactively. Basically I didn't make sobriety a priority every day. That will change.