SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Starting day 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/348088-starting-day-7-a.html)

zeppodog 10-17-2014 05:48 AM

Starting day 7

Well got a little bit better nights sleep, almost feel human. The lack of sleep when you're trying to quit something makes it awfully hard when you know a couple drinks would help you get some sleep. well I'm through the worst. Thankful I stuck it out. Hope everyone trying to quit sticks it out long enough to let your body heal itself. I expect it will be another week before I feel very good. Thanks for the support everyone.

Soberwolf 10-17-2014 05:54 AM

7 days is fantastic Zeppo

Hope2014 10-17-2014 05:55 AM

Nice job!!

SoberLeigh 10-17-2014 05:56 AM

congrats on Day 7, zeppodog. I know what you mean about sleep; it can make all the difference in the world.

Power on!

MavisTheFairy13 10-17-2014 06:42 AM

Way to go! Congrats on 7 days :You_Rock_

Lusher 10-17-2014 07:23 AM

Hey zeppodog,

First, congrats on day 7!

I've been where you are. I've read some of what you've included in some of your other postings, so I have an idea of where you once were, which sounds like where I was too.

The first week for me was definitely the hardest for me physically with the withdrawals. Everybody is different, but mine were noticeably better after the first week, and pretty much gone after week two.

However, it did take longer to start getting what I would consider a good nights sleep. I am guessing that was because I still felt up-side-down mentally, because when I went to sleep I was not drunk. I had to actually fall asleep rather than to simply 'pass out.' This was new to me and I had to adjust.

However, (and I found this to be huge) as more and more time went by, I was actually sleeping like a 'normal' person. Not the buzzed sleep that I was so use to, but the solid stuff. I mean that refreshed feeling when I awoke, that I had not really felt for over 20+ years.

I'm sure as a little more time goes by and you adjust, you'll feel much better at night.

Hang in there!!!

gottostop38 10-17-2014 07:35 AM

Congratulations, on day 7 today cravings really bad at the moment, just having a cup tea instead!!

PurpleKnight 10-17-2014 10:19 AM

Fantastic!! Keep it going!! :You_Rock_

JanieJ 10-17-2014 01:52 PM

Well done, zeppodog. A few days ago you were on the edge, and now you are really rolling, you're a different person already, awesome :c011:

Hawks 10-17-2014 02:04 PM

G'day Zeppo

Insomnia goes away a LOT quicker than an alcohol problem.

30 years of problem (to put it mildly) drinking vs 4 weeks of not sleeping too well.

That's a pretty big time gap ;)

Steve123123 10-17-2014 02:04 PM

Awesome work on getting through the first week, zeppo! I very much look forward to hearing how you're physically feeling after your second week. I am confident, like you are, that you're body will be in a great place.

Soberpotamus 10-17-2014 02:17 PM

Keep hanging in there. It definitely does get better. Sleep isn't the greatest at first for most people. It can take a while to get to where you fall asleep easily, consistently. It took me well over a month, if I remember correctly.

MavisTheFairy13 10-17-2014 10:57 PM

Day 8? :c011:

pupkin 10-17-2014 11:04 PM

Great going, zep. So glad you're feeling better.