SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 17 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/348067-day-17-a.html)

Suziequeue 10-16-2014 10:19 PM

Day 17

and still smiling (well most of the time).......:) Does anyone know how quickly the weight I gained while drinking will come off? Just one of the health issues that I caused myself :( I felt a little "down" today - although not anywhere near as down I would feel when I was drinking every day, hating myself for doing it and not being able to quit, or being afraid to quit, or both. I am pretty sure I know the cause - not a good night for my Dad so did not get a full night's sleep. Hopefully it will be a better night for my Dad and me, and of course my hubby (who isn't drinking any more either - :a122:). Tomorrow is another day, but in any event, if anyone knows when more weight will start dropping I'd sure like to know that so I can look forward to it. Eating moderately and healthy now and I believe all water weight is gone. Looking forward to curling under the covers SOBER :)

SoberLife90 10-16-2014 11:36 PM

Hey suzie...That's great that your fighting through. You are still in very early sobriety. You don't need to be ashamed or upset with yourself for drinking or for not quitting. What is important is that you have made the decision to stop...period. That's so cool of you. You shouldn't get mad at yourself for not quitting sooner! Haha. Gotta keep smiling :-P. I'm sure your body will bounce back to normal slowly but surely. It sounds like you have a positive attitude about sobriety. You can do this!

Treerat66 10-16-2014 11:54 PM

Suzie well done on 17 days. :c011:

Soberwolf 10-17-2014 01:45 AM

17 days is fantastic

5KRunner 10-17-2014 03:58 AM

Well done on 17 days, Suziequeue!

As far as the weight goes - everyone's body is different, so it depends. Alcohol obviously contains a lot of empty calories, so once a person discontinues drinking, those are eliminated. However, there are other factors that could determine if and when a person will lose weight.

From my experience, it helps to replace all those empty calories with good, healthy foods (fresh veggies/greens, fruits, whole grains, etc.), and get regular exercise. There are a ton of benefits to be gained.

Good luck to you!

Xtreem 10-17-2014 07:48 AM

WTG - Great Job

Xtreem

Fiona630 10-17-2014 08:21 AM

Great job! Im day 17 too! As for the weight...well..I'd like to know that too. I have been eating more tho. I love chocolate. I bought a bag of hershey's minis and when I get the urge I grab a handful. :( I need to find something else to do when I get the urge. I went on a diet pill, day 2 of that. It's supposed to stop all cravings. The reviews for it said it would even stop cravings for alcohol and cigerettes. People claimed they drank less or quit taking it. It's called Belviq. I was taking it a few months ago. It did stop food cravings, as for alcohol I did not crave but I still did drink. So back on it.

Findingtheway 10-17-2014 08:25 AM

Amazing work on the 17 days. I'm a few days behind at day 15. But i'm still going strong too!

We CAN do this! :scoregood

pupkin 10-17-2014 09:22 AM

Way to go Suzie (and Fiona and Finding!). Keep it going!

PurpleKnight 10-17-2014 10:30 AM

Day 17 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!! :You_Rock_

Hawks 10-17-2014 10:37 AM

Congrats on day 17 :)

Weight wise it depends... Did you eat crappy foods after drinking?

If you did, that would have been the major factor in weight gain.

Get drunk, eat junk, go to sleep.... It's a bad recipe.

sprout50 10-17-2014 10:54 AM

Congrats to you, Fiona and Findingtheway! As for the weight thing, I have no idea. I was wondering the same thing myself last night while eatiing blueberry pie with ice cream. :)

Suziequeue 10-17-2014 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by sprout50 (Post 4960863)
congrats to you, fiona and findingtheway! As for the weight thing, i have no idea. I was wondering the same thing myself last night while eatiing blueberry pie with ice cream. :)

hahahahahaha

MavisTheFairy13 10-17-2014 09:58 PM

Wow that's amazing! 17 days!!!!! I would think the weight will start to come off now if you're eating healthily and moving more :) I'm still on the sugar fix stage unfortunately.....one thing at a time lol. Way to go it's fantastic :You_Rock_