Notices

Facing legal ramifications - and afraid

Old 10-16-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Facing legal ramifications - and afraid

Are any of you facing some pretty heavy legal ramifications but just don't quite think you can make it - stay clean and sober entirely?

I have to make it a whole year sober at this point basically to avoid a felony. And to be honest after several slips already and both in- and out-patient treatment I still obsess about liquor - I blacked out a few days last week after a 66 day clean run.

At this point...yeah, I'm scared. Last night I started thinking about booze again.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

The threat of jail usually helps with sobriety. If incarcerated, access to alcohol is limited I am sure....

So, it appears to be a now or later choice.

Maybe dig : thoroughly into SR - DEE, SW and FreeOwl - as well as many others have posted sober plans and tips recently.

Go to any and all support groups necessary as well. Yesterday a man posted about losing his brother(member) on this site. It is a horrible tragedy and stark reminder that this site isn't about how to quit eating chocolate or cut down on too much TV.

This is a very serious disease with deadly consequences. It appears you may need to pull at all the stops, put the plug in the jug and realize the potential of what you face - legally and health wise.

It's there for you.....take it!
peace
Old 10-16-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You would think avoiding a felony would be incentive enough to be sober. But it's not, not if you don't really want to be sober for you.

Are the tools that treatment provided not enough? Are you using them? Beyond SR, are you drawing on any support?
Old 10-16-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
Last night I started thinking about booze again.
I think about booze most days. I also think unpure thoughts about some of the women in my office, punching my idiot boss in the face, and running incompetent drivers off the road on my commute home.

I do the same thing about all of them - NOTHING!

Thoughts never have to be acted upon.

You can do this!
Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there do what you need to do to stay sober...find a support group...go to AA whatever works for you...hand in SR
Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's difficult for me in treatment and similar settings.

Some mental health issues - social anxiety/phobia, depression - more so the social anxiety. I know people like to pooh-pooh the "social anxiety" issues as something I'm using as an excuse, but it has been debilitating at times.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Jail causes some social anxiety issue I have been told as well.

Maybe time to deal with some difficult issues - not shining them on, I am certain they are real for you. But, I see many in our meetings that have garnered the necessary courage to make the decision.

hope you find your way and some peace.....
fly
Old 10-16-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

my Pop said there was always a thrist to his drive.. my Hubby is the dummy that when young in the 80's was drunk and high and got caught robbing a car shop.. Officer Hey Kid Yes Sir do you have ID Yes Sir here hold this can you hold this wait a minute know I have it in my back pocket here hold this. pulls ID has to take stolen goods back as Officer is hold the ID.. I know this because I have worked in Law Enforcement and records and transcripts become Public knowledge after 10 years.. and then there is the net today . ahhahhahha just ask and it is there..

Hey Kiddo what do you really want out of life.. once you have a felony your life is dead.. not much in this world will work with or apply to someone with a felony.. so do this look in the mirror what do you really really want a life or a jail cell.. a couple of years ago I held tight to a Mom in tears a week before Christmas.. all of her children in Jail for several years each and young.. under 25.. she sobbed. we chatted as Moms do.. i go her to start to laugh.. just as our bus was coming I saw you know kiddo at least on Christmas eve you will know where they are.. she looked at me and laughed that my Dear Lady is so true .. so I said bake cookies make a couple of christmas stockings . can they have things in jail .. can you go to them for a visit.. and her face brightened I bet she did just that .. so kiddo what do you reall want out of life.. take a hard look and see what you can really be.. love and prayers a Mom a Wife and an old Lady Clown.. ardy sorry if it seems I am to hard..but I love my Hubby to bits and have to watch his brain and life yet. hahahhah I am a good Wife and a Better Mom with a dish towel for smacking with owow hey what was that for ... just because your brain went out of gear he loves me to bits.. we watched his heart work on a computer screen this week.. the drink and drugs have done damage to a part that I can not repair just hold tight and keep asking when it beats funny are you thinking of me.. laughter and then I have tears.. love you all you silly's so much. be well take each other and hold your and yours tight and know that with out the drink and drugs you are so much more. I believe in you all so much...
Old 10-16-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Amnesiac i have suffered with agrophobia its real i understand

just want you to know you can do this

heres some tips

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 10-16-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Charges and incarceration were part of the game when using. I was sober 8 yrs. in the early 90's and used to joke that my sober and arrest-free days were the same. Mostly a bump in the road for me in the past but after just doing almost 3 yrs. and have 5yrs. paper, it is now factor. Ironically it took serious physical issues from a 7 month daily binge to stop this time. However you plan to quit, being sober through the legal procedings will be to your benefit.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Trudgin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And here's some IPE - Indisputable Posting Evidence

Good stuff Attaboy!

We all understand fear and having to overcome it. You're in the right place!
Fear and resentments are the number one offender that keeps up drunk........

Many methods for overcoming these. It all starts with being undrunk!
66 Days is great! Maybe review why you drank/used and then change those people, places and things that became a problem. We all want you with us and to succeed!!
Old 10-16-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

It really comes down to a simple decision. Continue to drink and things will get worse or do what is necessary to stop drinking.

It was not until things had gotten very bad that I finally decided I needed to stop for me
Old 10-16-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe a good place for you to start is to work out what you are prepared to do to get sober Amnesiac, and start from there?

D
Old 10-16-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Amnesiac, I understand the problem with social anxiety, I really do. But, that doesn't have to stop you from getting sober and therefore staying out of jail. What can you do to help yourself through this? Can you work out a plan that is comfortable for you? And, you know that there is always someone here on SR to chat with anytime of the day or night.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Recovered

I was looking at several felony charges related to my addictive activities. I had to do 2 years probation and they took my driver license.

Guess what? I had most of that time clean with some slips here and there. I obsessed about it constantly, though. It was awful.

AS. SOON. AS. my probation was up, I went right back at it. Hard. For 5 more years. Not until I was a deep-down-done using/drinking was I going to be ready to do the work to get sober. I just wasn't ready until *I* was ready. No judge or rehab or intervention or consequence was going to get me sober and free until I was ready and willing. With some of us, that takes longer than others. I am a "sometimes slowly".