Notices

Sobriety feels disappointing right now

Old 10-16-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Just another day...

There really must have been something in the air last night..I was feeling pretty depressed and low last night myself. Everything sucked. I ate. Nice. 10pm I had some pizza rolls. 1130pm I wanted a drink so I made a PB and J with a glass of milk and laid in bed till I finally felt sleepy..around 430am. Felt all weepy, every show I found to watch seemed depressing when it used to not me..a song would play and I would get all sad. last night sucked. But we made it thru it. And this time has been different for me too. There was like no big huge moment of EUREKA! this is it! it was a quiet thing. It was, well, here we go again. No one shouting good for u. They are mostly well that sux, esp with the holidays..thanks a lot. lol At least I wont feel like crap on thanksgiving and christmas morning.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Briar, early on for me it was extremely difficult for me but 4 years sober is now just normal, rootin for ya.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi briar, I've thought about you a lot since yesterday. It's so nice to check in on my lunch today and see that you made it through. Hang in there. About every third day of my 16 sober I've been hit with such a dark despondent mood and like others have said, a good old fashioned cry seemed to help it pass. Again I am proud of the effort you made to nurture your sobriety.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Briar, it is difficult in the beginning. Both our bodies and minds are adjusting a lot to the lack of alcohol, and that takes time. I also had frequent and intense cravings for 3-4 months, sometimes almost all day, they made me feel suicidal at times thinking I don't know how long I can stand those cravings. I think I realized the impact and intensity of my addiction more in that phase than while I was drinking. What helped me more than anything was distracting myself with activities. It was interesting because I got so used to the cravings, I remember one day "waking up" realizing I no longer have those desires beyond some fleeting thoughts and I found it weird. Keep up the work, it's so worth it!