SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The Long and Winding Road (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/34792-long-winding-road.html)

True Blue 07-27-2004 10:43 AM

The Long and Winding Road

Hello my dear friends here at SR. I miss you guys & gals so much.

I have been having my ups & downs which is pretty normal for where I am at right now. But dang the downs I hate when they happen. I got on the pity pot and stayed on it for almost 3 weeks did not even go to a meeting. I am off that nasty pot now and doing alot better.

I thought that when I got clean & sober everything would just fall in place for me. Is that addict thinking or what? I am just realizing that only I can change what needs to be changed with the help of my GOD.

I hope all my dear friends here at SR are doing good. I can not tell you how much I miss everyone. There is always a helping hand here at this site.
Take care everyone and always know that someone in Louisiana loves you.

Take it one day at a time. Hugs & Kisses xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

KelKel 07-27-2004 10:49 AM

Hi True Blue...
Good to see you back on the boards...

ChristineC 07-27-2004 10:53 AM

You took the words out of my mouth, stay sober and life will be a breeze. Ya Right!

It's never ending and it really really really gets OLD.

That's just me today, nice mood eh?

Christine

Rowan 07-27-2004 10:54 AM

Hi True Blue
Good to see you're back. Hope you're hitting lots of meetings now, and hope to
see more posts from you - we need you here!
God Bless
Love Rowan

Dan 07-27-2004 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by True Blue
I miss you

As I do Blue.
Long and winding indeed, this recovery highway of ours.
I went through an awful rough patch as well recently.
I went back and read some of your posts some nights.
They helped me navigate safely in the storm.
Inspire.
InSpirit.
:hug:
YBIR.

3legacy 07-27-2004 11:18 AM

((((((((TrueBlue)))))))))
Staying on the Path and avoiding the alluring detours is often helpful for me. So is dragging(or having someone else drag) my butt to a f2f meeting. I am grateful everything did not just fall into place. It would have been that much easier for me to topple it and remain in shame, guilt, and remorse perpetually.

:dot:

Kiss Heart of Spirit In Love & Service,
ThreeLegs
:spectacle ..... nibbing on an early lunch wishing it was jambalaya or crawfish pie

CRS3 07-27-2004 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by True Blue
I am just realizing that only I can change what needs to be changed with the help of my GOD.

Blue,
I have been praying for you since I found your thread on Christians in recovery.Praying earnestly for you now.
I miss your posts over there.
Bob

Chy 07-27-2004 01:15 PM

(((((Janet))))) .. so glad to see you. We do miss you! *hugs*

ted 07-27-2004 02:09 PM

HEY YOU!!!SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.
YA YOU SURE ARE MISSED AROUND HERE.
I THINK ABOUT YOU OFTEN,STAY STRONG MY SISTER.
:ilu :hug: :banana: .........ted N SUE

2stop 07-27-2004 03:02 PM

(((((((((((((True Blue))))))))))))))

Good to see you..I know it gets hard some days..the whole shock of..now I am clean..what is all this crap doing hanging out in my head????? It can be worked through my friend..and it gets so much better. each hurdle and struggle I go through..I feel that much stronger and so much more confident. Hang in there, keep reaching out..here, meetings, whatever you have to do....hang in there, okay? It will get better.

((((((((((((Warmest Hugs)))))))))))))

dotcom 07-27-2004 03:57 PM

good to see you again True! hugs and prayers coming your way! :wavey:

zoomer 07-27-2004 04:06 PM

((((((((((((((((((TB))))))))))) Ugh those blasted blues!!! Glad your here!!!

Anna 07-27-2004 04:36 PM

Janet,

I'm sorry you've been feeling down, but so glad that you're back here now. I think of you often and always miss you. Sending hugs your way.

Love, Anna

wingsfree 07-27-2004 06:40 PM

(((((Janet))))) :hug: :hug: missing you too. Love you.

2dayzmuse 07-27-2004 06:53 PM

Welcome back True Blue

I've enjoyed reading your posts. I'm Talia and I'm an alcoholic. :wiggle: Great to meet you.

Bonni 07-27-2004 06:55 PM

:wave: ((Hi Janet)) ((Big hugs))
Love you little sister; keep coming back to see us, we miss you. Love, Bonni :smlove2:

lin127 07-27-2004 07:49 PM

(((Janet)))
So good to see your post. I pm ed you a few times. You helped me a lot in the past when I was down. . I am sorry to hear you are having a bumpy ride. Life is not easy at times. . Hope things go better for you. Hang in there.
Love,
LIN