Notices

When did you feel energetic again?

Old 10-14-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Three to four months, the exhaustion was horrible, but I find my enery still improving approaching eight months!
Old 10-14-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good question,

Funnily enough as soon as i could stand move at all i would go straight at it keeping it simple cleaning the garden for instance....

i can clean my garden and enjoy it now as a peaceful experience but on day 4-5 sobriety i was clean clean clean every nook n crannie pushing my body beyond my limits i would end up sweating profusely my body was engulfed with sweat then i would end up vomiting so my body told me how to do things so to speak i knew not to overdo it i still did for a few weeks but then stopped overdoing it

ive always had energy unfortunatly its now how do i use that energy ?

if you have no energy or motivation i would think of writing some things down that is achievable healthy

ie housework for instance that takes energy
Old 10-14-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was completely wiped out for the first 45 days. Could barely function at work. It's gotten slowly, but progressively better as I'm 3 months in now. Still do the bare minimum at home, ready for bed asap every night.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just wanted to thank you for posting this, because I am very curious too. I was starting to feel better around 2 weeks and then, bam...had to go and start drinking again and screwed it all up! In the past week that I was drinking again, I never quite got to my old levels (the most I drank was about 6 drinks in a 6 hour period) but on Day 1 I'm right back at feeling exhausted and spacy.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

What anti depressant? Those can make you feel lethargic for a few months...

Are you getting outside? I find that staying inside makes me feel more tired than I really am.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
What anti depressant? Those can make you feel lethargic for a few months...

Are you getting outside? I find that staying inside makes me feel more tired than I really am.
The anti depressant is 30 mg of Cymbalta for panic attacks I was having my first 6 weeks. It helped with those but I'd rather not be taking any medication at all. The protocol I envision for my future is no medication and food as medicine.