Notices

15 days sober

Old 10-10-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

15 days sober

hi all

yesterday was pretty tough, I don't get my farm wage till end of next week so only have a few pennies left anyway yesterday the cravings were really intense and I was thinking of ways in which I could buy booze, I was thinking I could buy 2 cheap bottles of cider or a six pack and the voice went on and on and on

I felt intense anxiety and dread but managed to ignor the voice and cravings

at the end of the day what stopped me drinking was I knew that a few drinks yes would feel good at first but the good feeling would quickly evaporate and two weeks of being sober would be down the drain, I would also end up feeling really depressed and have a hang over I didn't want to feel like that so I told the voice to do one and managed to get through it

I also started my period and that explained the feelings of anxiety I always end up drinking prior to my period starting as my periods do make my bpd and mental health worse I have noticed a pattern with drinking and being on my period I'm not sure if any of you lasses on here have a similar pattern ?

I felt so proud of myself that I didn't buy drink , I do feel down today but like I have said its because I'm on but at least I'm sober and on day 15

I'm also on day 11 of being smoke free, the e cig I'm using has been a real saviour as far as not having any smokes

I'm also going to my 4th AA meeting later tonight

thanks to all of you for your support on here

charlotte x
Old 10-10-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did notice 'that time of month' was harder for me as far as feeling super moody. Especialy during early recovery. PMS was really horrible the first few months I went through it sober. But it did get a little better each month. It's still not fun, but it doesn't mean a few days in bed crying and just doing anything to NOT drink. So, yes, I think it's normal to struggle with that. I also think that with more sober time, it will probably become easier for you.

Way to go on 15 days!!
Old 10-10-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

15 Days is fantastic well done
Old 10-10-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on 15 Days!!
Old 10-10-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Congrats on 2 wks! Fantastic
Don't give up 5 mins or hrs or wks or mths & even yrs before the miracle happens.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Right on Charlotte! 15 days here too. We are sobriety sisters! Well done for resisting the urge, I had the urge yesterday too but declined and I feel stronger for it. Have a great meeting!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 2 weeks Charlotte

D