Notices

Powerlessness

Old 10-10-2014, 02:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
All I have is Now

Powerlessness

Hiya,

second day sober. Feel a bit like I've just woken up from a nightmare. When I look back over the last four years I feel a choking sensation of pain. My alcoholism is a nightmare and consequences mean nothing but stop me temporarily. Now I recognise my powerlessness over alcohol and want to start living a happy sober life. Before alcoholism destroys anything more and ultimately destroys me. I believe I started to live a happy, sober life yesterday morning when I woke up and new something had to change. Me. I have to get honest with myself. Brutally honest. Looking forward to living my life sober, and building a life worth being sober for.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome pups, good to hear your ready.. things get better I'm 75 days in and I'm already feeling great changes hang in there
Old 10-10-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes ! Alcohol has no place in our lives great choice brutal honesty worked for me
Old 10-10-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Welcome to a new way of living that in time will be better than anything you can imagine. I pray every morning that I will be granted a day of sobriety. That the obsession and compulsion to drink will be lifted from me today.

So far this prayer has worked pretty darn good
Old 10-10-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi.
Most sober alcoholics must be 100% honest with themselves about our own drinking as a first step in recovery. In my case that led me to believe and accept the fact that I cannot drink in safety.
After this the work involved comes easier, I did not say easy. I fortunately was able to immerse myself in the program following many “suggestions” even when I didn’t want to.
Life did get far better and I wouldn’t change my best day drinking for ANY of my worst days since I stopped. As is said it works IF we work it.

BE WELL
Old 10-12-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
All I have is Now

Wow! Some good words there. Today has been a good day so far. Feeling positive but my mind keeps replaying old tapes of the destruction of my drinking! But if I dwell on them that destruction will continue. That is one thing that I do know. Thank you for all the words of encouragement
Old 10-12-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

xa-speakers.org, take a listen there....
Old 10-12-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
All I have is Now

Yeah Ive been on xa speakers. some great speakers on there. To be honest the lst time i attempted recovery i got hooked. lol