SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I'm Addicted and Cant't Stop (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/347438-im-addicted-cantt-stop.html)

Shawn4233 10-09-2014 08:00 PM

I'm Addicted and Cant't Stop

To Key Lime Pie. Since I have quit drinking it seems as though my sweet tooth has returned and I have to admit it is great. I don't know what it is but I can't get enough Key Lime pie. I have always enjoyed it but since I have quit drinking its like a whole new world. Not only in the sweets I've been eating but the way I feel and think.

Thank you all for the inspiration and help with staying sober. Even though I haven't posted much I still lurk around. Thanks again!

melki 10-09-2014 08:16 PM

Nice! I now have a craving for key lime pie. I hit the sweets pretty hard at first too. It has now leveled off but I still enjoy food and desserts a lot more than when I drank.

Congrats on staying sober and enjoying pie and life! :rotate:

MelindaFlowers 10-09-2014 08:28 PM

I ate milkshakes and candy bars every single day for two months when I stopped. Sugar was my nicotine patch for drinking. I don't understand how people cut sugar when they stop the booze. The sweets saved my life.

trachemys 10-09-2014 08:31 PM

Publix grocery stores make a mango key lime pie that I dare not buy for myself. I will eat the whole damn thing in one sitting.

HeartsAfire 10-09-2014 09:10 PM

Sweets are saving my life too! My current obsession is this little French Silk Pie dessert cup at Super Target.

I've given myself permission to indulge in sugar for 2 months to get me thru - like Melinda's nicotine patch analogy. I'm about to hit 60 days & I'm ready to start reeling it in a bit. Just in the nick of time I think!

Mags1 10-09-2014 09:16 PM

Sounds gorgeous, key lime pie, mmmm, my dessert is ice cream,.plenty of it.

Notimetoloose 10-09-2014 09:31 PM

Chocolate mousse, homemade, store bought, high end, beautiful patisserie shop made and cheap mass produced, no actual food in them chocolate mousse. Just as long as it was chocolate mousse...I did many mousse runs late at night...now several months on, I can not stand the thought of chocolate mousse, I think I actually O D'd on mousse.

I have never had key lime pie but it sounds wonderful....

fridgey 10-09-2014 11:23 PM

I don't think there is a cure for you except total abstinence. Maybe substitute with lemon cake?

Sulu1 10-10-2014 01:21 AM

Have you tried Key Lime anonymous? Your higher power could be the delectable Lemon drizzle cake.

SoberLife90 10-10-2014 01:30 AM

Sugar is actually the hardest substance I'm into. I've given up booze, drugs, caffeine...but if I gave up sugar I may not have anything to live for! Just kidding but I really love some cheese cake and candy. :You_Rock_

sprout50 10-10-2014 03:19 AM

When we drink, we get sugar from the booze. When we quit, we crave. But like I have said before, I'd rather eat the sweets and be fat and happy than drunk and miserable.

Thomasthetank 10-10-2014 04:02 AM

I've literally never had it. I may have to get some key lime pie now.

Shawn4233 10-10-2014 04:20 AM

I was told the KEY was to quit drinking. And someone once told me that LIME was good for you. I just assumed that was code for "quit drinking and eat key lime pie". :P

Rence 10-10-2014 04:36 AM

Be sure to brush and floss regularly :)

Nonsensical 10-10-2014 04:45 AM

If key lime pie is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Lola23 10-10-2014 05:14 AM

I'm way too into sugar these days too. Cakes, mousse, candy, whatever. It's 8:15 am and I'm wondering when it's an acceptable time to start having my sugar fix...sound familiar? ;)

happyandfree 10-10-2014 06:12 AM

Sugar is good in the beginning. ...it works. Now I have a craving for key lime pie :)

MelindaFlowers 10-10-2014 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by MrG (Post 4947114)
Have you tried Key Lime anonymous? Your higher power could be the delectable Lemon drizzle cake.

Lol!

FreeOwl 10-11-2014 01:51 AM

Hahah!

Guilty!!

I eat pie several days a week. I too am a hopeless pie addict.

I refuse to do anything about it.

And key lime is my favorite!!

Oh that tangy-creamy goodness....

Oh that heavenly graham cracker crust....

afloatsober 10-11-2014 02:20 AM

Key Lime Pie is my absolute favorite. My partner makes me one every Valentines. 18 months in and still sparring with the sugar monster.
It delivered a winning blow last night.
A whole carrot cake in one sitting.......
Oooops
G:)