Notices

day 3..

Old 10-09-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3..

I posted on here before... allot happened 'probably' excuses but didn't get past day 2..

But going to stick it out, all i can say is after day 1 more vision was better, and contact lens felt more comfortable.
On day 3 redness of face face gone down, specially when drying face with a towel, it goes back to normal colour quickly.

Biggest issue I've had from i think is drinking is constant tension headaches, although all doctor said its down to anxiety and stress and gave tablets too counter act this.. They didn't help.
By constant, I mean its been there every day for almost a year!! hopefully, this will clear quickly when blood vessels go down, this will be biggest motivation to keep on!!! so annoying.. but one of them thinks you can get used to, what i guess is a scary thought and maybe alcohol saying its okay.. drink..

Any question you might have I will fully honestly, talk and answer, i'll try to make this a log of the ups and downs of it all
Old 10-09-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to see you again renshaw. We have to be ready - sounds like you are. Congratulations on Day 3 - those first few are rough.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you

seem to be craving fruit juice and chocolate..

Unsure if should just embrace this for a week or so? Then cut back sugar.. ?
Not a medical question.. just personal thought, i have good control over food and can be strict with that area. hmmm
Old 10-09-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sugar craving is common. There are a few threads here about it. I gave into it for about a month - and after awhile it faded away.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yeah im thinking its better to go with what the body is asking for.. other then alcohol

Dark chocolate and fruit juice (drinking the multi vitamin ones, for extra benefit)

rather a bottle of that then a 2 bottles of wine Im just waiting for skin to explode in spots.. oh my. ;P
Old 10-09-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck renshaw
Old 10-11-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

day 5 Thought i'd update..

Yesterday and today had sicky feeling headache. One you get when been drinking.. fall asleep and wake up say 2 hours latter.. unclear head.. and slight sick feeling..
Both times started in evening.

Could be down to lack of sleep

Very annoying..
Old 10-11-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi renshaw I'm on day 3 (previously did 8 days) and I've had fake hangovers too. Very weird. Also craving sugar, bread and other food. Well done on day 5!
Old 10-11-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

dark chocolate and unfermented wine (Grape Juice)

see if lots of sugar makes the fake hangover go away
Old 10-11-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

When I was drinking all day every day (and the middle of the night) all I wanted was salty food, no sugar. Tons of ramen and hot dogs (and gained 20 lbs in 3 months, not awesome). Day 2 and I woke up craving a donut. Right there with you!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I never craved salt.. was but i always ate in morning.. and took tablets when drinking vit B supplements. stopped shakes n stuff!! Amazing how you become expert in covering it up..

Oddest thing is, my face keep going from red as when i first wake up after heavy drinking too back to a natural colour over last couple of days.

Hard to judge other effects, as my tension headache is still their, unsure how long will take it to clear im completely certain its connected too drinking and nothing else!!

Although, not seen anyone else that has reported constant tension headache based on drinking.
But it is inflamed blood vesels what cause it and when i had a eye test and they scan your eyes with the camera thing they spotted bigger then normal blood vessels they only normally see in old people with high blood pressure, I went to doctor as advised and blood pressure was normal.

odd...
Old 10-11-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back renshaw
I had tension headaches lasting a week to 10 days or so sometimes. Hopefully yours will be of shorter duration

D
Old 10-11-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mine happened when i started drinking heavy when split with ex..
4 weeks of spirits daily.. about 3 hours sleep..
After that drank less.. but still allot.

Tension headache has been there for over a year, constantly..
informed doctor, after first say 3 months.. he gave me tablets for stress and said "You cannot drink while taking these" guessing he had an idea..
well they made me feel worse so stopped taking them, plus drank with them.

Got to stage where headache was normal, never got worse or better, consistent so just lived with it. I hope it goes, that will be biggest motivation to stick at this, among other..

I can feel that pulse in temple has gone down, used to be able to feel it so strongly to touch, its now dropped to about average, maybe slightly above.

To explain, before could feel it just by lightly touching on it it as if was throbbing out of skin, now have to put slight pressure on it to feel it

Biggest improvement, is eye sight, I have astigmatism (not long sighted or short sighted at all), i noticed it was worse after drinking heavy.
4 day after not drinking, i got in car.. drove to get haircut then noticed i wasn't wearing contact lens and could focus on cars number plates/licences plates say 30 meters away!
Old 10-12-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Such a bad headache and sick feeling
Old 10-12-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi renshaw, I'm new around here, but just wanted to say I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Something that has helped me with the sick feeling and headaches are really strong peppermints. Or even better, a dab of peppermint oil on the back of the neck. Thinking of you and hope you're feeling much better very soon.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you will look into this tomorroW. On a positive though headache is the one I got wear didn't drink as felt to sick and just went to sleep !
Old 10-12-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in there Renshaw!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 10-12-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

thank you purple

annoying the sickly feeling headache in their, but its not stopping me eatting or making me feel sick once eaten so i am guessing it isn't real? lol