Notices

Hello Everyone

Old 10-09-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone

Hello, my name is Ryan and I have a long time addiction with alcohol. I have allowed it to become a daily part of life and in the process nearly lost everything that is truly important to me. I do not believe in what many places such as AA have to offer as I have known many people who went and briefly found help yet continued down the same path regardless of their "support". I hope to find somebody in my nearby area to both confide in while also finding an equal friendship in which we can help each other. I know my wife is at her wits end seeing me refuse to come forward with my problems, and even though I have been neither verbally or physically abusive at any point I do realize the danger I put us through by simply making the decision to put myself beyond what is legal to drive, let alone be in public. I hope to be of help to even one single person by offering my thoughts and experience but more so (not trying to sound selfish) hope to help myself get through my struggles and in the end stop my wife from struggling with the actions I tend to take. Thank you all for your time listening to me and I hope we can all find a better tomorrow
Old 10-09-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Ryan!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, Greenninja; you will find an abundance of support, encouragement, and understanding at SR. There is also an abundance of information on alcoholism on this site.

Again, welcome; glad you found SR.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Ryan!

You've made a good choice to stop drinking and you will always find lots of support here.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Ryan!
Old 10-09-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Ryan nice to meet you welcome to SR
Old 10-09-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all very much, it is very important to me that I find the proper solution to my issues, and I certainly will do my best to offer the same great support that I receive. I appreciate the rules of this forum regarding inappropriate actions as I am happily married and I am only hoping for friendships which can help all involved overcome the addiction issues being faced while also not having my personal information or space taken advantage of. I look forward to continuing on the path I have started to follow, and I am sure both my wife and therapist will be happy with my beginning as well.