SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Oops I Did It Again ... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/34739-oops-i-did-again.html)

twoboys 07-26-2004 04:17 PM

Oops I Did It Again ...

... I slipped and fell. Well, I'm back on the wagon and back on Day One, but very demoralized. I think this time is going to be harder, but the last time lasted a full seventeen days.

I'm going to a Women for Sobriety meeting tomorrow night. My new goal is to make it til then. Humble tasks, I tell myself; humble tasks.

triegger 07-26-2004 04:37 PM

Twoboys,

Dont beat yourself up, the past is done and tomorrow is another day. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again, one hour at a time. Sounds like you have a plan so just hang in there, we are all here to offer support and encouragement.

As always will keep you in my thoughts and prayers,

Triegger

Dan 07-26-2004 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by twoboys
My new goal is to make it til then. Humble tasks, I tell myself; humble tasks.

Make your goal to make it today.
And then, tomorrow morning, start over.
It will be easier that way.
I promise.
Welcome back:hug:

twoboys 07-26-2004 04:44 PM

Thanks for the words of support. I think I'm doing better than "one hour at a time" but "one day at a time" is a little daunting right now, too, so I'm going to have "make it til bedtime" be tonight's goal.

As as for the gratitude journal, I guess having a bed to sleep in, and a roof to sleep under, is something to be grateful for. And I'm grateful to have my friends here at SR who aren't going to judge me. That's a biggie, too.

triegger 07-26-2004 04:52 PM

Twoboys,

That's the spirit! Make it to bedtime, and tomorrow take it as it comes. Counting hours worked for me but by trade I am cpa and my anal nature likes to count and tick things off. People at work would laugh if they saw my daily today list with a bullet point that says - stay sober today.

Hang on there and fight the good fight, I am pulling with and for you,

Triegger

Little Missy 07-26-2004 05:20 PM

Welcome back twoboys!! We're all here for ya!!

Hugs,
Missy

wingsfree 07-26-2004 06:54 PM

Twoboys....welcome back, those darn slips, they hurt don't they?

Wishing you all the best, up and at em and off you go again. We do this this till we get it right however long it takes.

Love and hugs....Denise

Chy 07-26-2004 06:55 PM

Hang in there!

twoboys 07-27-2004 06:52 PM

Thanks y'all. I'm a Bostonian born and bred, but my sister's from texas, and I just got off the phone with her. She's got her own set of challenges, including a cheating husband and an impending layoff (and a southern accent), which thank goodness isn't me, but she helped as much as she could. Thanks y'all in Bostonian is "ahem well, Thank you, and um, well, I ahh, appreciate your thawts and prayuhs." And I do.

I'll get there, just not last night, and not tonight, either.

twoboys 07-27-2004 06:54 PM

Tomorrow. That's a promise. Not to you; to myself.

Dan 07-27-2004 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by twoboys
Tomorrow. That's a promise. to myself.

OK. Until tomorrow then:hug:

sherbear5104 07-27-2004 07:08 PM

Twoboys,
Hang in there. :angel: our prayers are with you!

triegger 07-27-2004 08:21 PM

I am pulling for you Twoboys, tomorrow is another day.

Triegger