Notices

Exhaustion.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exhaustion.

I'm 10 days in and I am so incredibly tired..... like 0 energy. I was reading about PAWS today and I read that it can last 2 years!! What? All I want to do is sleep.... thankfully I'm off work right now with an injury so I can take it easy but I start back next week at 5am, hopefully I've got a little more spunk in my step by then. Anybody else out there zzzzzzzzzzzzz the day away?
Old 10-08-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 10 days sober!

Your energy will return. Just keep taking care of yourself.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done
Old 10-08-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The PAWS symptoms were worse early on, for me anyway. They were intermittent as well. You'll get energy again. Just take care of yourself... sleep, water, vitamins, healthy diet, exercise. You will bounce back.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try not to worry Zen
at ten days in, this is all very normal. Based on my personal experiences, I'd still class this as normal withdrawal and recuperation

PAWs doesn't happen to everyone and if you get it it usually kicks in later (it's not called Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome for nuthin...)

It can last up to two years but that wasn't my experience at all

PAWS | Digital Dharma

D
Old 10-08-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was so out of it earlier today that I backed my car into a pylon and broke my light.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had some tough early days - sleep was all over the place - three hours then up, sleep 12 hours. I had to catch sleep whenever I could. I ate a lot of sugar. I just tried to do the best I could and the extreme fatigue has gone now. I think at about two and a half months I was feeling pretty good.

It will pass.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Zen. I was just like that at 10 days too - exhausted & foggy. We've beaten ourselves up badly - we need time to heal and recover from the damage. I felt much better after a few weeks - and better still after a few months. You will get there. Good job on your 10 days.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Zen, my thing was opening my mouth to speak... and the words coming out all jumbled I sounded like I was on something, or had some sort of mental problem. But it really was the brain working through things, repairing (hopefully!). I couldn't think of everyday words for things like chair, table, phone, mop, broom. I would sit there, racking my brain for the word. So weird.

It does get better! Just try and have patience and give yourself a break as you heal.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
I'm 10 days in and I am so incredibly tired..... like 0 energy. I was reading about PAWS today and I read that it can last 2 years!! What? All I want to do is sleep.... thankfully I'm off work right now with an injury so I can take it easy but I start back next week at 5am, hopefully I've got a little more spunk in my step by then. Anybody else out there zzzzzzzzzzzzz the day away?
Way to go zen, almost half a month

Just get lots of sleep and eat as healthy as possible, you need to get all the bad stuff that alcohol left in your system out. I would usually need at least 2 solid days of sleep just to start moving around after a long binge, so one can only imagine what this poison does to your body.

Besides, you need all that rest to cook that yummy Thanksgiving dinner!
Old 10-08-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

I know exactly what you're saying. Same for me.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

SoberJennie, OMG that's been happening to me too! It's like my language skills just escape me! lol it's embarrassing. Not all the time but every so often I'll be in the middle of a sentence and then I can't remember the next word.
I just slept 11 hours.... the kids were late for school cuz I turned the alarm off instead of snoozing it. Oh well at least they weren't late cuz I was too hung over to get them there on time......
Old 10-09-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you D for the article there's a lot of good information there.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Oh well at least they weren't late cuz I was too hung over to get them there on time......
That's the way to look at it. ^^^^^^

I'm around 80 days now, it started to come good about the 40 day mark, for me.

it's a bit like chucking a big rock in a pond... It's a big crash and splash at first, then some big ripples, but eventually it's just a few small ripples and eventually it's pretty calm.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

10 Days is fantastic!!

It'll take time for the body to adjust, hang in there!!