Notices

I made it through day 3!!!

Old 10-07-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

I made it through day 3!!!

I just wanted to tell people that I got through day 3!!

Maybe it's not a big thing... but it's big to me. Because so many times, I thought I wouldn't. I even got all my stuff on and got my bag and money to go to the store to buy alcohol... a lot of times actually... but never actually did I go!! Once I had my boots on and was right at the door. But I didn't go.

It felt terrible. Today was horrible. But now all the shops are closed and I can't drink. So, the part of me that doesn't want to drink is very very happy and relieved.

I'm trying not to think of tomorrow. That is scary! I could fail. Let's not think of that then.

I just wanted to say that I am happy that I am ending today sober!!
And maybe tomorrow morning I can get up early and look for the blood moon eclipse...if it's not too cloudy. That's something I totally wouldn't/couldn't do drunk or hungover.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job, Lucrezia. Hope you are able to enjoy the Blood Moon eclipse.

Sobriety will get easier with time.

Do you have any face to face support?
Old 10-07-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Excellent! This is great stuff. You've won for today.

Think about how exactly you did it. And have a plan for tomorrow as well.

Staying sober is the way to go. You'll see the rewards soon.

I've experienced it before.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

For face to face support... I do have a therapist. Also, I'm starting this group thing next week. It's a couple hours, twice a week, for about a month. Also there is a group I can go to on thursday night, if I get myself to it. And I just heard about another group on wednesdays...

I don't really have friends or family who know, though. Just one friend, but I don't see her that often and I think she finds it uncomfortable so I try not to bring it up with her anymore.

I wish I had a friend or a sponsor or someone I could talk to, call up, when I'm in a bind. I could try to get myself to AA but that's just so scary (this is tough because I'm actually in therapy for anxiety...and a ton of other stuff... so usually to get to a scary meeting I would drink! Haha...can't do that for AA)
Old 10-07-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Oh right... a plant for tomorrow.... :O

I need to work on that. The day is taken up with stuff I have to do... but in the evening.... uh oh.... :/
Old 10-07-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you. everyday is important. if you take care one day at a time, the weeks, months and years will take care of themselves!!! Do it for you!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
For face to face support... I do have a therapist. Also, I'm starting this group thing next week. It's a couple hours, twice a week, for about a month. Also there is a group I can go to on thursday night, if I get myself to it. And I just heard about another group on wednesdays...

I don't really have friends or family who know, though. Just one friend, but I don't see her that often and I think she finds it uncomfortable so I try not to bring it up with her anymore.

I wish I had a friend or a sponsor or someone I could talk to, call up, when I'm in a bind. I could try to get myself to AA but that's just so scary (this is tough because I'm actually in therapy for anxiety...and a ton of other stuff... so usually to get to a scary meeting I would drink! Haha...can't do that for AA)

Glad to hear you have some support, Lucrezia. You might find a sober friend in the new group experience. (I have never been to AA but a sober friend and sponsor sounds like a good idea. I understand that stepping out of your comfort zone can be scary; maybe you could go to a meeting and just listen - see of it is something you might like.)

Stick with SR; there is always someone here to talk to.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done. I too am on day 3. Whilst laying here, unable to sleep I added up the units I think I drank in the 7 days before I abstained.

114! Yuk, no wonder my body is telling me something...
Old 10-07-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

3 days is fantastic, I know how hard it is! Just keep going!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

3 days is great and good for you for hanging in there!

And, remember there is always someone here at SR if you need support.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The dreaded Day 3 - you made it. I hope you'll begin to feel much better soon. You're doing great.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 3, and for resisting temptation. You sound like you're definitely ready to commit to sobriety. Personally, I found the first week to be incredibly difficult. Hang in there and keep posting!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Day 3 is a tough day, so great job staying true to your goal! You will feel better. Of that there is no doubt.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Thanks everyone!!
I think today might be just as tough (hopefully not tougher!) but - this morning, I was able to wake up early and watch the blood moon eclipse. Also, millions more stars were visible and brilliant in the night sky, because of the darkness of the moon. It was such a profound experience - I was out there for awhile. There is no way in a million years that I would have been able to drag myself out of bed OR enjoy that experience either drunk or hungover. So for that I'm glad.

If only there was another eclipse tonight.... how do I keep myself sober tonight?!? :O
Old 10-08-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It is a big thing Lucrezia, I remember the time I couldn't string 24hrs together, so be very proud of how far you've come in your recovery!!

Keep it simple, you only need to worry about TODAY, just make it to bedtime and that's another day Sober, then tomorrow you'll get another TODAY to focus on!!

Keep pushing through!!
Old 10-08-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It's a huge thing, I've fallen on day 3 many many times. Well done! And get your plan in place for tomorrow!
Old 10-08-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
AA member

If you are Alcoholic 3days is amazing.

I always found day3 a nightmare.

Keep going it will get easier.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done
Old 10-08-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day three is huge! I've always found it hard to get past day 3. Yey!!! I never really "got" the "one day at a time" thing until recently, and it's been a godsend (for me). Just get through today and the next thing you know you'll have a string of "todays".
Old 10-08-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well done!