Notices

A review

Old 10-07-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A review

This morning I was called by a social worker, seems as though they want to sit down and talk about what my wife and I have done. My daughter returning home, and our ongoing court case depends on this meeting.

I haven't been perfect, I've done what I can do to comply with the mental hospital and CPS requirements, they claim to just want to meet. However, this person lied and excoriated me in court before and framed everything I said in a negative way. She lied in open court and on the stand, no lie, but I suppose as the addicted person with issues I won't ever be believed. Can't lie I am working a court case in the background to prove my daughter was removed erroneously and illegally.

All of that is this that and the other, should have my power bill paid soon, and just looking forward to rehab. I need rehab regardless, but I really, really don't want to talk to this liar, she will take me to court and talk more @#$# about me. Tomorrow when we meet I am going to be defensive not talk much and let the lawyers and the law sort it out.

Good day folks, thinking of all of you.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope things go fairly for you this time!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would put a audio recorder down on the table and make them acknowledge it is being recorded and that it is admissible in court. That should take care of any lies.

I wish you success in rehab!!!

Chin up, one step at a time.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck man. I think the best solution is not to get too worked up. Keep things simple, keep your eye on staying sober, upcoming rehab, etc. Try not to get too stressed out about these things right now (easier said than done I am sure). Get sober and fix yourself, try to keep focused on that and not outside tangents. You'll be alright.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Best of luck TDG. I'd agree with the others that it's best to remain calm and simply answer questions as required during legal proceedings. It's important to remember that the law and morals/emotions are 2 completely separate things. Bringing in your emotions, whether good or bad, can complicate things a lot more than is necessary.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can't control what she says TDG, but you can control what you say. I'd keep it simple and remain calm, as others have suggested.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Best of luck TDG. I'd agree with the others that it's best to remain calm and simply answer questions as required during legal proceedings. It's important to remember that the law and morals/emotions are 2 completely separate things. Bringing in your emotions, whether good or bad, can complicate things a lot more than is necessary.
This
Old 10-07-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hope it all goes well Jeremy!!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I would put a audio recorder down on the table and make them acknowledge it is being recorded and that it is admissible in court. That should take care of any lies.

I wish you success in rehab!!!

Chin up, one step at a time.
I like the recording idea. Good luck!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
This morning I was called by a social worker, seems as though they want to sit down and talk about what my wife and I have done. My daughter returning home, and our ongoing court case depends on this meeting.
This sounds like a potentially positive scenario, J. Hopefully they will let you know exactly what needs to be done in order to rectify things. Good luck with it all. Wishing for the best! I agree with the others... try to rein in your emotions during the meeting. Just see the facts if you can.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some great advice here Jeremy. Present the best Jeremy you can is my advice.

Leave the emotions and the resentments at the door. This is not the time for that - this is about more than you - it's about your family.

D
Old 10-07-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I think this went as well as it could. Mostly I stuck to the cold hard fact like you guys/girls suggested, couldn't bring a recorder. The meeting was less than 10 minutes and clarified some things. She seemed less defensive this go around, so that made keeping a poker face easy.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good stuff J
Old 10-07-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

TDG - hopefully this comment is taken in the positive light it is intended in. I have to believe that both the law and the case worker or whomever you are speaking with or did speak with have nothing more than your child's best interest at heart. I'm of course not suggesting you give up the fight for your kid, quite the contrary, fight with everything you've got. But maybe give them the benefit of the doubt that they are there to help not hurt. Maybe if you embrace their council and direction they might show you a clear path to this all going away. I can't begin to walk in your shoes or feel your pain, but maybe use your sobriety as a commitment to them and your daughter to make this right.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

No offense taken at all, after rereading what I wrote, I even thought to myself, " Jeremy bitter much" this is rough and going through it sober is hard. I am still harboring lots of anger anxiety and bitterness over the whole thing.

I really do believe they care about kids and my daughter for that matter. However, lots is taken out of context. For instance, I told her before the last court hearing I've been taking medication, I voluntarily went to the clinic on my own, and sought treatment. I court she said " hes only been taking medication for one month he is on Zoloft ( not the medication I am on she perjured herself when she said that) " and he didn't do everything required by the hospital ( I did do the requirements by the hospital what I didn't do were their recommendations).

So I get sick of the misrepresentation. She said on the stand " Jeremy was drunk on the scene" even the judge questioned her about this, the judge said " he blew a .08 that is hardly drunk" " at .799 he is even legal to drive" she then said that the police felt I " too intoxicated" for the record that isn't in the police report at all. She exaggerates and substitutes her expertise as a social worker with her opinion on things she doesn't know about. Extremely frustrating!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I think you've gotten some really good advice already. I could not imagine having my children taken from me, and if it did happen I'm sure I would be as emotional as I've ever been. If the awful situation was compounded by lies, I'm sure it would seem nearly impossible to stay calm.

That said, I think the important thing to do is to start with the end in mind, meaning that you don't want to do anything at all to fuel a case against you. There will probably be things that you have to let go, in the interest of the bigger picture and the greater good. You may have to take an approach of conscious detachment, if that makes any sense, basically deciding that if you can't have the CPS worker as an ally, at least you shouldn't make her an adversary. Don't give her anything at all to hold against you.

Best of luck to you. It sounds like you really love your daughter and are totally committed to making improvements that will improve your family's well being. Take good care, and be sure to post what happens.