Notices

My life goes...

Old 10-06-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My life goes...

My life goes ONE of TWO ways starting today.

One way where i accept i'm alcoholic and stop fighting it. Accept it and learn from it. Allow god into my life. (Which i frequently have found reasons to resist.) And ALLOW him to help me with this and accept that he WILL help me to stop drinking and REMAIN stopped.

The other way is continuing on the way i was...Half measures of thinking i could beat it...I could subdue it. That if i had X amount of time sober i was okay to drink again. Resentful and hatred filled towards GOD and the world. Half measures availed us nothing.

I'm at the turning point. I can feel it.

I'm 4 days sober now. I've started praying...Even though i don't really know how. My old ideas/approaches DID not work.

I'm disappointed in myself that it took so many falls/slips and TERRIBLE experiences to smash this fact into my mind.

The image of me being incoherent and aggressive at the hospital with folks who likely saved my life last Thursday. It's a image i won't forget.

I'm willing to accept god's help and will. He was there for me 4 days ago...Even though i was so FAR away from him.

But i'm here now.

Stay sober friends. For me to drink is to die...or hurt someone else.

I'm not put on this earth for that. Think God has other things in store.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi.
I needed to find out the hard way myself and it happened when I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I needed to become honest with myself about my drinking and stop comparing to others drinking. As important I needed to accept the fact that I cannot drink anymore in safety.

Then the work begins and continues in order to stay stopped. As stated it works if we work it! Plain and simple.

BE WELL
Old 10-06-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am with you. It took many failed attempts for me to quit drinking. And this was over ten years
When I finally let go and let God was the only way I could quit. and I was a bad drunk.
You can do it. There is no right way to pray, just do your best. I hope you are as amazed at the results as I was. And still am.
You sound motivated and I wish you the best.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Finding (hope your improving every day friend)

I found out the hard way

you can do this if you ever want to talk hit me up !
Old 10-06-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

After 37 years of drinking, seventeen of which i spent trying to stop, i got on my knees and accepted that i was beaten by this.
Willpower, determination, rehab, therapy, police cells, hospitals, inspirational books, being loved, being hated, the loss of ALL that i held dear.
Nothing, but nothing, could stop me destroying myself although i wanted to with all my heart.
At the end i simply gave what was left of me to God, HP, Universal Spirit call it what you will to guide and protect.
I resolved that if spared, alcohol would not touch my lips again.
Since that morning i have power.
A different kind of power.
I am not religious, nor do i attend church but i do ask each day for the power to live sober and face my challenges and make my changes.
I have not drank since.
Hope my experience helps you.
G
Old 10-06-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

may your life go the way of richness, depth, loving, spirit, goodness and joy.

you can do this.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi findingtheway, I relate to the bitterness towards God very much. I want to find my way to a connection there very much. At this point I feel very disingenuous when I try to pray, but I've been in the dark so long that I'm not sure I'd recognize the Light. I do,however, have hope that better days are here now. At this point all of my energy is in staying away from drink....and if that is accomplished the sunshine will return. I'm rooting for you. Don't give up.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Trust this feeling! May this be your turning point for good.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do this!! Day 4 is fantastic!!
Old 10-06-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have faith you're onto something good here findingtheway

D