Notices

I'm a mess

Old 10-07-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Alcoholics Anonymous in Melbourne, Australia
Old 10-07-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaza2002 View Post
Ok, I'm currently sitting at work exiled whilst I'm being investigated for certain things I did whilst drunk.

Here's my story..

I'm not a everyday drinker, I'm more of a binge drinker. What I tend to do is get heavly intoxicated really quick and then blackout and do stuff that has ruined my life. I've realised that majority of the issues I have in my life stem from alcohol. Ive abused people that love and care abouts and pretty much destroyed every relationship I've had due to my behaviour when extremely intoxicated. People don't respect me for this reason. im a self loathing idiot.

I sit here and feel sorry for myself but what about the people I've hurt? I've had some amazing people care about me and I've ****** it all. My family has been good to me and always supportive even though I've treated them
All like ****. I think that's what makes this all the more depressing.

I don't know what to do, I want to jump into bed and never get out.. I feel sick right now think about how I have to face what I have done to people at work. I feel trapped and helpless...

I don't know what to do, I feel anxious to the point I want to spew..

I don't know guys, I don't know.
Hi , sometimes I wonder if its harder to have remembered what you did or the Black out... I have always had to remember what happened the night before.. ekekke my left eye is twitching... I usually am a lot of fun.. don't remember getting out of hand.. and have had drinks with Law Enforcement and their wives... ahhahaha and they drink oh brother mccrey.... I have to tell you the last time I had real fun. Tallahassee FL St Pats night.1999. I had to much and the noise level was off the hook... they kept shouting out winning numbers for prizes .. my hubby can't drink at all. he has tummy problems.. well they pulled this big hat that was a GUINNESS Stout i wanted that hat for my hubby.. ran up the the stage Capt had the mic hahahahaha Ardy what are your numbers I did just what I had heard for numbers ... now remember Iam a Lady Clown first.... he had such a look the kids on the dance floor were in stitches and he shoved the hat on me and said go home your Drunk.. I grabbed him dipped the 6 ft 7in Tack Team Capt and kissed him for St Pats. dropped him on the floor ... had the mic you Gotta kiss a good cop for St Pats and the place went nuts... hahhahahahaha they walked me out to our car.. his wife was laughing so hard.. she went over to my hubby Ardy do you mind and kissed him and dropped him on the pavement... love them all so much..; > the story gets sad .. for a couple of days later we lost that great Cop.. so the point hey does she ever have a point... hahahaha Black outs are what happened to my hubby all the time.. they are really not good.. so babe like the rest of us .. time to say Time Time and ring the bell to end the round forever.. one drink... kiddo anytime I even at home put some captain morgan in a glass with soda... something happens to Ed's tummy or the world outside the front door.. so kiddo time to stop and say it was not a good run.. and remember all the great people and fun.. for what it is. with out the booze.. hugs and prayers ardy
Old 11-29-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Just an update, I have been trawling through sober recovery and up until now didn't want to post because I got on it again. I'm ashamed considering everything that I went through.

I'm now 6 days sober, I know it's not much but I hope this is it.

I had a funny expierence today. I was at the supermarket and of course there was the liqour store right there, it was a hot day and there was nothing more I wanted then a beer. I avoided it and went into to get some stuff and some drinks to subsitute having a beer. I was looking at a 4 pack of drinks which was $4.96, they were small 300ml bottles and I thought wow that's expensive and wasn't the going to buy them. Then I realised I never gave buying a 6 pack, bottles of straight booze a thought on the price. Walked out with my 4 pack of chilled sofa

I'm just trying to accept all the mistakes I've made and trying to repair all the relationships I've ruined.

Thanks guys! This forum has been a lifesaver.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I can relate to EVERYTHING in your original post.

Your only solution is to stop drinking.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Alexander Supertramp :)

Been there done that and what I have learned is that I can only control today. thinking of the past causes depression,focusing on the future causes anxiety, being in the now is bliss. Control the now and feel your bliss.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jaza-I think almost all of us can relate to you including myself, so why not take advantage of all that SR can offer? I am glad you are here posting again.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi! Blackout binge drinker here too!
I also realized almost every problem in my life revolved around alcohol. It actually became easier when I realized that. I know the alcohol must go, what a relief! no more trying to moderate, sitting at home drinking wine alone, no more blackouts, shame, lies, verbally abusing people... The list goes on.
It's actually easier to stay sober as weird as that sounds ( still hard) just not as horrible and hard as what I was doing.
It took someone filming me during a blackout to really get it. I suggest everyone get filmed during a drunken blackout, it's horrifying and effective
Old 11-29-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Time and distance heal, dedication to sober life restores. In time, this can all be behind you, if you work on making yourself a better person by being a sober one. Do it for yourself, and both you and everyone around you will reap the rewards.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Congratulations on 6 days

Jaza, we all have shame and regrets, and wish to make amends. The best way to do that is to get sober and stay sober.

Make a solid plan, get something in place to deal with cravings, maybe some f to f support, and you might want to post on here before you are tempted to drink next time, my friend.

You can do this.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Agree with JanieJ - my biggest mistake was only cominbg to SR when I was feeling confident (cocky?) in my sobriety, which is how I returned now. I will definitely post here as soon as I feel my AV poking at sober me.

Best wishes for your continued sobriety.

Earlyriser
Old 11-29-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Jaza and congrats on your 6 days

D
Old 11-29-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Great job on your 6 days
Old 11-29-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaza2002 View Post
Hey guys,

Just an update, I have been trawling through sober recovery and up until now didn't want to post because I got on it again. I'm ashamed considering everything that I went through.

I'm now 6 days sober, I know it's not much but I hope this is it.

I had a funny expierence today. I was at the supermarket and of course there was the liqour store right there, it was a hot day and there was nothing more I wanted then a beer. I avoided it and went into to get some stuff and some drinks to subsitute having a beer. I was looking at a 4 pack of drinks which was $4.96, they were small 300ml bottles and I thought wow that's expensive and wasn't the going to buy them. Then I realised I never gave buying a 6 pack, bottles of straight booze a thought on the price. Walked out with my 4 pack of chilled sofa

I'm just trying to accept all the mistakes I've made and trying to repair all the relationships I've ruined.

Thanks guys! This forum has been a lifesaver.
Wow! I can relate,

I am 6 days aswell !

I also walked past the bottleshop and was so damn close but got water instead,

Its bloody hard and up in here Queensland its so humid and everyone around is drinking.!!

We got this
Old 11-29-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Jaza, don't undersell it: 6 days is fantastic. Way to go!
Old 11-29-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Jaza, welcome.

earlyriser, I have been ridiculously cocky with my sobriety all week until slipping up these past 2 days. I didn't post before, instead I posted a 'me me me' thread after the fact.

Very hot up here in NT too Azza, Everyone seems to be on it. I certainly didn't help myself by surrounding myself with cheerful drinking friends yesterday.

Keep going, and well done on 6 days Jaza.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TopEndChick View Post
Hi Jaza, welcome.

earlyriser, I have been ridiculously cocky with my sobriety all week until slipping up these past 2 days. I didn't post before, instead I posted a 'me me me' thread after the fact.

Very hot up here in NT too Azza, Everyone seems to be on it. I certainly didn't help myself by surrounding myself with cheerful drinking friends yesterday.

Keep going, and well done on 6 days Jaza.
Yep its hard

I even went to lunch at the pub and beers galore everywhere..

But still didnt give in, i have never been able to do that in the past.

The campral is helping the cravings
Old 01-13-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Just thought id give an update.

I'm 52 days sober today! I'm super happy and feeling great. I made it through the toughest period, that being christmas and news years. It was hard and at times I wanted to get on it and get hammered. I just reflect on what alcohol has cost me and usually that puts the little voice away.

I still have to deal with the consequences of the mistakes I made at work.
It's going to be hard going back (Ive been on annual leave for 6 weeks).

I cannot tell you guys how much this site has helped me.

I'll update you guys on the result of the action my employer has taken.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks, Jaza, for the update, and congratulations on 52 days: that is fantastic!!
Old 01-13-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Wow, congratulations on 52 sober days, jaza; well done.

Let us know how it goes at work.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Magsie

Brilliant news, jaza, 52 days, woohoo.