Notices

Profuse sweating.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Profuse sweating.

Back when I was dating my axbf I asked a couple close friends what could his profuse sweating be do to.
Because they have some medical back ground I got answers like diabetes (which he didn't have). I didn't tell them I suspected he had a drinking problem.

He never drank while with me but I think that's one of the reasons we had limited time together. I really believed that he would leave me to go drink (and he would call me while he's doing it- I never did find out why he wouldn't drink at my place. I even made sure I had his favorite beer here)

Anyways.... If we spent two nights with each other the first night the sweat would be bad but by the 2nd night I would be drenched from his sweat. I mean it e
Would come off of him like a waterfall. We're talking a healthy very fit 50 year old man. Not a spare pound on him...

Could that be withdraw and would it happen that quickly? Get to my house at 9 or 10 am and by 8 or 9 that night?
Old 10-05-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe.

Are you taking care of yourself? I wonder if you have considered AlAnon as a support for you. We also have a forum for Friends & Families on this board.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello doureallycare2,
I can only speak from my own experience, but yes, I would sweat profusely coming off a binge, usually when I was going without after 8 hours. The second and third days were always the worst for the sweats. I would soak the sheets and needed to keep replenishing the water, just to keep up. For me it was one, of the many unpleasant side effects of withdrawal. My guess is that your axbf was binging and calling you while "loading" and did not drink around you because of the quantity he needed to maintain. Again, I have walked that path myself. It is such a progressive disease....cunning, baffling, and it destroys our very soul. Hope that helps. I am so grateful to have those days in the rear view mirror.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I always had this if I did not drink for 1-2 days/nights and 8-10 hours after a binge sounds right. For me it wasn't as severe that I would soak the bed, but uncomfortable enough; in fact one of the symptoms I disliked the most. Not only at night and I even blamed the humid weather for it outside at times. So glad it's only a memory now.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes I used to sweat for two days after a binge. Even in very mild weather. The sweat used to smell and I felt like brain was so cloudy. Your ExBF did he act very hungover around you like he was always irritated and did not want to eat. The sweat also smells bad especially if you haven't showered for days.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Anna, I'm doing pretty good all things considered. Just going over some questions I still had...
Old 10-05-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very possible. The sweats were always the first symptom to hit me.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

When i was sobered up i sweated massivly

the only time i still sweat is through nightmares

glad i hardly remember them anymore
Old 10-05-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

After my most recent binge (I have been free 16 days), I definitely noticed sweating more,especially at night during sleep and even more during naps which I have needed a lot lately. They disappeared after about a week….
Old 10-05-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ms980619 View Post
Yes I used to sweat for two days after a binge. Even in very mild weather. The sweat used to smell and I felt like brain was so cloudy. Your ExBF did he act very hungover around you like he was always irritated and did not want to eat. The sweat also smells bad especially if you haven't showered for days.
I'm not sure what hungover affects looks like act like other then a head ache and he had them a lot. He would definitely act antsy the next morning.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It always happened to me if I started drinking later than I usually would. I would quickly drink as much as I could to get rid of them, and they would go away. So yeah, it would start to happen by 8 or 9 PM likely because he hadn't had his usual alcohol by that time.

Sweats followed by the shakes, followed by anxiety, followed by panic attacks, and then finally hallucinations. One at a time isn't too bad, but all of them at the same time is awful.

Sounds to me like he wasn't drinking a huge amount of liquor like I was, just because the more you drink the worse the withdrawals get.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't remember him shaking but he would wake me up upset that he just had a bad dream or actually think something happened that didn't. I never put it together with withdraws though. I read a post on here about them repeating them selves and that being a sign, so I wondered what other ones I missed.
Thank you everyone, I was doubting my own memory and now I do truly believe he was drinking a lot. It helps me a lot with confirming I did the right thing in breaking it off...